NFL 2019

Maxx

I’m sure we’ll be turning into a Super Bowl contender any second now.

Just going to spend the rest of the season wondering if it will be the 49ers or the Seahawks that blow us out of the fucking water after we stumbled ass backwards into the playoffs

Really glad that after Maher sucked last week, we brought in kickers, signed none of them, and trotted out Maher to suck some more

33 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Jason Garrett might not be boarding a plane after this.

He should be shitcanned because the team has obviously quit on him.   But he won’t be, we’ll finish out this wet fart of a season and not renew his contract all so Jerry can claim he didn’t fire him.

Remember when the 6-9 Seahawks and 7-8 Rams duked it out for the NFC West 9 years ago? Well if you forget you get to basically see it with the Eagles and Cowboys this year.

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

He should be shitcanned because the team has obviously quit on him.   But he won’t be, we’ll finish out this wet fart of a season and not renew his contract all so Jerry can claim he didn’t fire him.

Oh yeah I forgot about the contract. Jerry should look into Can't Kellen Good Plays as well. Remember 2 months ago when he was an "offensive guru"?

I'm not joking when I say Jerry should be on the phone with Ron Rivera tomorrow. I wouldn't bring him in until the end of the season, but I'd try to get that done and keep it under wraps.

Unless you think you can grab someone like Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer, I think Rivera is a great fit. He'll use Zeke, which is what Jerry wants, and the defense will be good, as long as the backers are healthy.

Gotta figure out Dak and Amari too, but I think Rivera would have this team dominating the East if Philly can't get their shit together.

I hate Cowboys fans.  The amount of people I’m seeing dismissing Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley as guys who would turn into “Garrett 2.0, a good offensive mind who can’t do anything else” is infuriating.

Jason Garrett is not a good offensive mind.  His play calling was shitty and uninspired and he got stripped of offensive play calling duties a couple years into his head coaching stint.

• Sad 1

People really overrate the Jerry Jones puppet shit.  Stephen and Will McClay have way more control over the team these days and routinely, and correctly, overrule Jerry.  If Urban Meyer wants to draft a guy or sign a guy, Jerry isn’t going to get in the way.  And Jerry isn’t going to do something like rush out and sign Antonio Brown and not consult anyone.  That’s just not how it happens anymore.

The problem is that after Parcells, he hired guys who aren’t good enough to clash with what he wants anyways.  Wade Phillips was happy to be getting paid and Jason Garrett is a painfully average coach who brings nothing original to the table.  

The major barrier for success a coach for the Cowboys will face is whether or not they can get the team to respect and fear them.  No one was worried Jason Garrett would be cutting someone for underperforming, because they knew Jerry wouldn’t pull the trigger on that.  But no one doubted Jimmy Johnson would cut them, and no one, aside from maybe TO, doubted Parcells would either.  Urban Meyer seems like he has the right amount of asshole in him to be able to inspire that.

• Like 1

Urban Meyer would probably be a good fit, but college success doesn't always transfer to success in the NFL. Look at Nick Saban's two years as Dolphin's head coach: Barely a winning record the first year at 9 and 7, then 6 and 10 the next.

If they did hire Meyer, I'd have to watch Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team * just to figure out which one he'd end up having an affair with.....

*I watch it already, because Heidi does, despite the fact she rarely watches foorball and when she does, she cheers for a certain team most of us can't stand.

But seriously, I agree that Ron Rivera would be a great replacement for Jason Garrett. Then again, just about any coach not named Lovie Smith would be.

There should be a supplementary rule that says if a division ends in a 4 way tie there's a mandatory 1 day playoff. 2 two quarter games, winners go another 2 quarters. Winner advances.