NFL 2019

Maxx

After whats come out the last few days, thats no surprise

It'll be a multi-day, 20 inductee Hall of Fame class this year to celebrate 100 years.  Five modern era players will be selected as usual, but they've expanded the special committees for one year only.  15 of the following will be enshrined:

Coaches (two will be elected)
Don Coryell
Bill Cowher
Tom Flores
Mike Holmgren
Jimmy Johnson
Buddy Parker
Dan Reeves
Dick Vermeil

Contributors (three will be elected)
Bud Adams
Ralph Hay
Frank Kilroy
Art McNally
Art Mofell
Clint Murchison
Steve Sabol
Seymour Siwoff
Paul Tagliabue
George Young

Players (ten will be elected)
Cliff Branch
Harold Carmichael
Jim Covert
Roger Craig
Bobby Dillon
LaVern Dilweg
Ox Emerson
Randy Gradishar
Cliff Harris
Winston Hill
Cecil Isbell
Alex Karras
Verne Lewellen
Tommy Nobis
Drew Pearson
Donnie Shell
Duke Slater
Mac Speedie
Ed Sprinkle
Al Wistert

Coryell, Flores, Holmgren, and Johnson all deserve in. Fuck Bud Adams and Art Modell. Tagliabue too, but he probably 'deserves' to be in.

I'm not sure who a lot of those players are, but Cliff Branch, Roger Craig, and Randy Gradishar should go in, and they should put Steve Atwater in while they're at it.

In normal years, the Contributor and Senior nominees rarely ever get turned away.  Tagliabue was the exception to this, with voters saying it was due to him turning a blind eye to concussions.  I’m not sure enough of them will have changed their stance on that.

George Young I think has a very good chance.

Yeah I like Steve Sabol in as a contributor. And maybe it’s the bias of my childhood, but I feel like Jimmy Johnson should’ve already been inducted. When I think of head coaches from my elementary school years, he is THE name that comes to mind. Hard to tell how many more rings he would’ve won had he stayed at Dallas.

• Like 1

My guess is that if he stayed, the Patriots would be chasing the Cowboys for most championships. They'd still have won the one they did with his replacement Barry Switzer, and I'm guessing at least two more, which would give Dallas a total of 7.

7 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

My guess is that if he stayed, the Patriots would be chasing the Cowboys for most championships. They'd still have won the one they did with his replacement Barry Switzer, and I'm guessing at least two more, which would give Dallas a total of 7.

It depends. The Packers were going to ascend in the NFC no matter what. Do I think Jimmy was a better coach than Switzer? Absolutely. But I don't think he was a shoe-in to win any more rings.

Yeah I made a mistake benching Higbee for Brate because of how good I thought the SF D would be against LA. Also had Ronald Jones on the bench but I'll forgive myself there as I'm pretty loaded at WR.

Also this Niners team gives me some serious Flacco-era Ravens flashbacks. Talent everywhere, do everything right, yet the game never feels over.

10 hours ago, PantherFan59 said:

Jameis Winston makes Kyle Allen look talented 😐

Jameis is extremely weird because coaching is supposed to be able to correct INTs, but he just keeps turning the ball over. But when he's not he's throwing for 300+ yards. TB should be careful getting rid of him since the ceiling seems higher than the floor is lower with him.

It's not a Mariota situation where the guy is simply not good. Winston can be good. He's been kinda ruined by bad coaching his first few years, but Arians succeeds with almost any QB if given the time.