NFL 2019

Maxx

I believe so, @Lineker. A safety, if i remember right.

On the Colts fans wishing Luck had finished this year and retired at the end of it, I would ask them one thing...would you want a QB leading your team whose heart isn't in it 100%? That's how injuries and mistakes happen.

I'm happy that the Indianapolis Colts are invoking their right to make Luck pay back parts of his signing bonus he signed. Colts are entitled to getting 24 million back, but have told Luck to keep it all because of everything he did for the franchise. In such a money grubbing world, that made me a little bit happier about the situation.

I get one reason why Colts fans are mad at Luck: The timing of it. He picked a bad time to do so, because there aren't a lot of quality QBs available *cough*Kaepernick*cough* when the ones they have eventually end up hurt because they have a garbage O-line. (A problem that goes back to before Peyton Manning was their QB)  But like someone already said, he doesn't owe them anything. 

And now that Antonio Brown has lost his latest grievance, hopefully he'll shut up now. (Yeah, riiiiiiiiight.....)

The Colts had a top-3 offensive line last year, per PFF...It's basically the entire reason they turned it around...

7 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

because they have a garbage O-line. (A problem that goes back to before Peyton Manning was their QB) 

Luck has already had more injuries than most QBs who retire in their late 30s. 

And yes, I forgot about the Colts' O-line being better. Easy to forget since I was used to them being crapola for so long.

Edited by GhostMachine

I feel really bad for Andrew Luck, and I'm glad that he has decided to retire, for his own sake. He's the only one who could have made that call. Certain people might not like it, but it's the best decision he could have mad for his own life, with being recently married, wanting to travel, start a family, and whatnot. I don't think he could have made it through another season, in retrospect, and he most likely would have been miserable the whole time. Glad to see him get out on his own accord. 

At the same time, Jacoby Brissett is in a really good position. This is a quarterback who is still young, has gotten to sit under the wing of both Tom Brady and Andrew Luck, and has the starter's job buttoned up for him. I feel like this could be a sink or swim season for him. And apparently, he doesn't have an agent, so if he's doing well, he'll have tons of agents calling his name. It would be nice to see him do well. 

• Like 1