Sign in to follow this  
Maxx

NFL 2019

Larry Fitzgerald better just never, ever retire.

I will definitely take the tie considering that 4th quarter deficit. Having a "-1" on the end of the record for the entire season is a bit annoying though.

Kingsbury must be doing backflips. No ties in college. That would've been just another loss for GQ. 

48 minutes ago, Meacon said:

To put it nicely: you should have gotten your edge-rusher in 2019 and quarterback in 2020. 😛 

I agree with that.  I was screaming for Josh Allen, punting this season and taking one of the top three QBs next year.

But I’m at least feeling a little better about Jones and am hopeful he isn’t as bad as I thought he was when they took him so early.  I’m no pro scout.

But if 2020 is a weak pass rush...yeesh.

The Ravens have consistently had a top tier pass rush and the last true pass rusher they took in the 1st round was Terrell Suggs. If you scout well it doesn't matter what year it is, the talent is out there.

• Like 1

The Patriots clearly don't even need AB.

Down 20 to the Pats on 4th and Goal and Tomlin kicks it.

I really should've picked anything to do rather then watch Tomlin get outcoached by Belichick 

There really look like there are only about four tough games on New England’s schedule.  Just eyeballing it the Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, and maybe Ravens are the only ones that give me pause.  I didn’t count tonight because they’ve largely owned the Steelers.  Same reason I won’t count the Texans either.

We always joke about the regular season being extended preseason for the Patriots but it really feels like it this year.

46 minutes ago, DMN said:

The Patriots clearly don't even need AB.

Steelers sure could use him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Of course, the one year I don't draft Flash and he's going to go off.

5 hours ago, iDOL said:

Kellen Moore seems competent running the offense. He’s actually letting Dak... be a mobile quarterback instead of making him stay in the pocket and eat sacks. Weird.

DID SOMEBODY SAY...

(Sorry I had to)

• Thanks 1

For all you guys hoping that the Patriots would win the Superbowl so Brady and Belichick would retire they just said on SNF that Belichick would need to coach through 2024 to get the all time wins record so keep hoping :lol:

Bill also had far more playoff and championship wins than Shula and he's coached in seven fewer seasons.  He's the best coach in history and has nothing left to prove.

That said, I've always assumed they were a package deal in retirement.  I can totally see Brady not wanting to retire and risk Bill simply moving on and winning without him.  Cause then you'd get the "Brady = system quarterback" jabs even though every QB is a system QB.

2 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

There really look like there are only about four tough games on New England’s schedule.  Just eyeballing it the Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, and maybe Ravens are the only ones that give me pause.  I didn’t count tonight because they’ve largely owned the Steelers.  Same reason I won’t count the Texans either.

We always joke about the regular season being extended preseason for the Patriots but it really feels like it this year.

It looks like the at Miami game won't be as much of a problem as it usually is either.

I think this team can easily go 13-3.  Maybe better.  There will be one game where they shit the bed against a bad team, and then beat a few playoff caliber teams.

I wonder who is the odd man out with AB coming in.

Game tonight was good.  First time I ever went to an NFL game in person.  Had fun.  Banner ceremony was awesome.  Beating Pittsburgh is awesome.

Edited by Lowerdeck
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

I think this team can easily go 13-3.  Maybe better.  

Wow, bold prediction.  Can’t believe you’re going out on a limb like that.  You think they can win a playoff game this year too?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Wow, bold prediction.  Can’t believe you’re going out on a limb like that.  You think they can win a playoff game this year too?

Image result for playoffs rant

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Bill also had far more playoff and championship wins than Shula and he's coached in seven fewer seasons.  He's the best coach in history and has nothing left to prove.

Paul Brown would like a word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After that performance I wouldn't be averse to us tanking to get Ben's replacement sorted.

2 hours ago, Chris2K said:

After that performance I wouldn't be averse to us tanking to get Ben's replacement sorted.

What are your thoughts on Mason Rudolph? I remembr when he was being drafted there was talk of him being a potentially good starter with a bit of work. 

• Like 2