NFL 2019

Maxx

5 hours ago, DFF said:

What are your thoughts on Mason Rudolph? I remembr when he was being drafted there was talk of him being a potentially good starter with a bit of work. 

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Jags move Foles to IR and have traded for Josh Dobbs from Pittsburgh.

Well in that time alone he seems to have established himself as the definitive #2. I thought when they drafted him that they were looking for a clone of Ben, which is fine if it fits the offensive scheme we're running (although that's not working either based on last night), but a like-for-like replacement for someone like Roethlisberger isn't exactly moving with the times.

I can't say for certain how well he'll do until he plays against a proper NFL defence and I don't see that happening until Ben retires. I also don't see us tanking either (although trying and still losing is an option) so he may end up being the future if we can't get a Tua or a Herbert, or possible even Hurts.

21 minutes ago, DMN said:

Will Minshew be the starter going forward? He didn't exactly do anything to lose the job. I'm a little biased he's the developmental QB on my Madden team.

He is the starter but obviously they needed a backup now/some insurance if Minshew also gets hurt. Kinda bummed they didn't take CJ Beathard off the 49ers hands though!

1 hour ago, DMN said:

Will Minshew be the starter going forward? He didn't exactly do anything to lose the job. I'm a little biased he's the developmental QB on my Madden team.

It looks like he'll be given a shot, for now. We had the Chiefs/Jags game on our 2nd screen and, tbh, he looked decent! He certainly wasn't the reason they lost.  Dobbs being brought in is simply for cover I think - IIRC their only other QB is on the practice squad.

9 hours ago, Chris2K said:

After that performance I wouldn't be averse to us tanking to get Ben's replacement sorted.

You never have to tank to get a replacement you just draft them and then tell the past his prime incumbent he's too hurt to play and make the transition. The Ravens have done it twice now.