NFL 2019

Maxx

15 minutes ago, DanishmadePunk said:

Had AB been on a team like the Dolphins or the Browns, he would get the Ray Rice/Justin Blackmon treatment (and don't get me started on that cluster of a case)

Ray Rice knocked his fiance out on tape. AB has accusations and a civil case against him.

They aren't even remotely related comparisons. There's no grand conspiracy here or favouritism towards the Patriots. The NFL are investigating and if there's cause for suspension he'll be suspended. 

What is grounds for suspension to the NFL is a whole other discussion to be had. However this is the same league that banned Tom fucking Brady for 4 games for being"generally aware" of slightly deflated balls, there's no special treatment for the Pats. They've spent years skirting the rules and the way they acquired Brown is infuriating but there's not much can be done there.

Deflategate is blown out of proportion - the colts scored 7 freaking points and gave up 45 effing points, that's not the result of a miniscule PSI reduction issue whether they did it or not

• Like 1

Unrelated to anything: football tickets are way too expensive. I was going to try to get tickets for Cowboys vs Patriots bc my favorite team is the Cowboys and the Pats are my brother's favorite. But nosebleeds are $400. Never fucking mind.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TCO said:

Ray Rice knocked his fiance out on tape. AB has accusations and a civil case against him.

They aren't even remotely related comparisons. There's no grand conspiracy here or favouritism towards the Patriots. The NFL are investigating and if there's cause for suspension he'll be suspended. 

What is grounds for suspension to the NFL is a whole other discussion to be had. However this is the same league that banned Tom fucking Brady for 4 games for being"generally aware" of slightly deflated balls, there's no special treatment for the Pats. They've spent years skirting the rules and the way they acquired Brown is infuriating but there's not much can be done there.

Not saying he didn't. But TMZ (of all places) showed the video months before Roger and Co. claimed to have seen it. That's what annoys me about it :(

22 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Deflategate is blown out of proportion - the colts scored 7 freaking points and gave up 45 effing points, that's not the result of a miniscule PSI reduction issue whether they did it or not

Irrelevant.  If you are tampering with the football, it’s a violation of the rules, and should be punished as such .  They didn’t need to spy on other teams to win, but they did that too.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Irrelevant.  If you are tampering with the football, it’s a violation of the rules, and should be punished as such .  They didn’t need to spy on other teams to win, but they did that too.  

And they were punished for it.

But people use Deflategate as the big GOTCHA PATS moment as if invalidates all of their super bowls and wins because:

1) It was their super secret way of winning all of these games and screwing the Colts out of a win (it didn't)

2) The Patriots are the only team to a) deflate footballs b) cheat or c) get caught cheating (they definitely aren't)

I mean, love or hate the Pats, they and the other 32 teams (and every major sports team) are constantly looking for ways to bend, push, get around, etc. the rules. 

• Like 1

And they manage not to get caught.  Pats get ripped for being cheaters because they get caught cheating.  

It really reiterates my point to GhostMachine earlier using deflate gate as an example of the stupid shit the Pats get punished for, which is why it’s dumb to act like Brown is getting away with things because he plays for the Pats.

I don't think the Patriots are cheating any more or any less than teams have historically, we just have a crazier news cycle for it. Imagine if you had 24/7 coverage of the Raiders and Steelers in the 70s with Al Davis at the height of his power and ability, they'd make Kraft and Belicheck look like choir boys!

I can see it now, John Madden out in front as the nice smiling face of the Raiders, the cheerful warden of a band of lunatics, while Al is rubbing his hands together in the back. TMZ in the bar with Stabler. Enhanced replay of the Immaculate Reception. National hero Rocky Bleier and the Pittsburgh Steelers once again have to go through public enemy number one to go play the Cowboys or whatever.

The modern NFL is tame af compared to what it used to be. They have to manufacture shit like OBJ's watch, but imagine Bum Phillips on Twitter!

Hank Steam is 1960s Jon Gruden prove me wrong.

5 hours ago, TCO said:

Except he wouldn't. This is following the exact same precedent that Zeke went through. 

Once the investigation is over and should there be no suspension you can put on the cowboy shaped tinfoil hat then.

There's a huge, iceberg that sunk the Titanic sized difference between AB and what Zeke went through. No reliable, believable evidence whatsoever and no punishment recommended, yet Goodell suspended him. They at least have some evidence against Antonio Brown.

I'm not talking some conspiracy here. I was simply using Zeke as an example. Zeke didn't do shit and got suspended. What do you think the league should do to Brown when there's actual evidence? So go take the tinfoil hat and stick it on a grill.

9 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

There's a huge, iceberg that sunk the Titanic sized difference between AB and what Zeke went through. No reliable, believable evidence whatsoever and no punishment recommended, yet Goodell suspended him. They at least have some evidence against Antonio Brown.

I'm not talking some conspiracy here. I was simply using Zeke as an example. Zeke didn't do shit and got suspended. What do you think the league should do to Brown when there's actual evidence? So go take the tinfoil hat and stick it on a grill.

There's no evidence that we know of for AB either. There's an email where he claims there was a consensual encounter. He was a massive asshole about it and we'll find out soon enough if he's guilty. I don't see what your point is. I think Brown should be suspended if its discovered he's guilty, I never said otherwise.

He's being investigated, just like Zeke was. And he'll get his punishment at the end of it, just like Zeke did. Whether you feel Zeke or AB did anything is irrelevant, the process is the same. Zeke played while the investigation was ongoing so I really don't see your point? They're being treated in the exact same manner.

54 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

The fuck are you on about man?  There’s exactly the same amount of evidence they had against Zeke as they have about Brown right now.  At the moment it’s allegations from a woman, backed up by texts she claims are from Brown.  Zeke was allegations from a woman backed up with marks and bruises she said were from Zeke.  Stop pulling shit out of your ass.

4 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Meanwhile we have Ray rice's shoryuken on tape...for which he was suspended for 2 games

NFL has a huge issue when you look at Josh Gordon against Ray rice. the solution to that isn't to make a bad call now to balance it out.

• Like 1

No Rob, thats just the CTE talking

15 hours ago, DMN said:

I don't think the Patriots are cheating any more or any less than teams have historically, we just have a crazier news cycle for it. Imagine if you had 24/7 coverage of the Raiders and Steelers in the 70s with Al Davis at the height of his power and ability, they'd make Kraft and Belicheck look like choir boys!

I can see it now, John Madden out in front as the nice smiling face of the Raiders, the cheerful warden of a band of lunatics, while Al is rubbing his hands together in the back. TMZ in the bar with Stabler. Enhanced replay of the Immaculate Reception. National hero Rocky Bleier and the Pittsburgh Steelers once again have to go through public enemy number one to go play the Cowboys or whatever.

The modern NFL is tame af compared to what it used to be. They have to manufacture shit like OBJ's watch, but imagine Bum Phillips on Twitter!

Hank Steam is 1960s Jon Gruden prove me wrong.

The Steel Curtain was loaded on mid-80s WWE level of roids and amphetamines, but the news cycle (especially for sports) was a lot different back then because no ESPN existed. Art Donovan said back in his day when guys piled on after a tackle there were punches thrown. And, yeah, Hank Stram existed.