NFL 2019

Maxx

Pats fans with Brown not suspended:  "Bullshit that people think he should be suspended!  Everyone is out to get us!"
Pats fans if Brown had been suspended:  "Bullshit!  League trying to screw us over yet again!"

I continue to remain convinced that Pats fans feel the need to create an us vs. the world narrative every year because it's the only way they can remain interested in the formality that is the regular season.

44 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Pats fans with Brown not suspended:  "Bullshit that people think he should be suspended!  Everyone is out to get us!"
Pats fans if Brown had been suspended:  "Bullshit!  League trying to screw us over yet again!"

I continue to remain convinced that Pats fans feel the need to create an us vs. the world narrative every year because it's the only way they can remain interested in the formality that is the regular season.

Suspending Brown before any conclusion of an investigation or any criminal charges being filed against him sets a bad precedent.  Now if Brown has actually done something against the conduct policy and/or worthy of criminal charges, by all means suspend him.  But before that, we have to wait out the process.  And unfortunately for everyone, it doesn't come cleanly within a week.

It sucks being the one Boston fan here.  Especially when I'm not some irrational homer like half the fan base around this area. 

I heard a theory on Sports Hub recently, in regards to the whole AB saga.  Basically it involves Brady wanting AB to come to New England, so Brady can pad stats this season and give greater leverage to a  sizable contract extension.  If AB can help get the Pats finish 19-0 and Brady gets 5000 yards passing and 40 TDs - then Brady can get a contract to 45 years old and at a rate higher* than what he usually gets. 

* I'm sure there's some financial trickery involved to keep some of it off the books.  Either via business or real estate investments.

In what world does Tom Brady need to pad stats to demand anything? He's Tom Brady, that's all the leverage he needs. The Pats aren't going to let him play in another jersey under any circumstances. I'm 100% certain he's getting all the money he could want from Kraft off the books.

• Like 1

I got a friend who was ranting on Facebook today, that those who oppose AB on the Patriots need to shut up or just stop being a fan (of the Pats or football in general.). Was complaining about people calling Sports Hub (the milder of the two Boston sports talk stations) in opposition need to just shut up.  Patriots just do whatever is necessary to win #7.

People's attitudes towards sports is an extension of their personalities.  Guys who are Trump supporters are more obnoxious and believe in winning any means necessary.  And they're calling up EEI and talking more shit online.

55 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

Guys who are Trump supporters are more obnoxious and believe in winning any means necessary 

So...your head coach and quarterback?

True but none of them slobber all over the guy with praise despite him being him the complete anthesis of every thing they encourage people to be

• Like 1

He should go to the CFL next year where he can be both a highly lauded on field player as well as a personality.

Tank for Tua is really gonna be funny when he flops in the NFL

• Haha 1

Long-term Losing for Lawrence?

just heard this in the Baltimore game

"They flipped it out to byrd"