NFL 2019

Maxx

3 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

The Dolphins are trash

Just depressing. I know the plan but it doesn't make this much easier to watch. We're definitely going to lose a few more talented players this season. I just want to see signs of improvement and a few things to cheer about scattered throughout the misery.

I hope we start Rosen going forward. He's thrown more good passes in a few minutes than that bearded div did in three and a half quarters.

Some more perspective on how bleak the outlook for this Giants team is:  my dad is a diehard who hasn’t willingly missed a regular season game in probably close to 40 years.  When he misses a game it’s usually due to travel or work, and even then he tries to get out to a sports bar if he can.  He’s seen plenty of bad teams in his time, but watching Giants football is one of his biggest passions and with only 16 games a year he does everything he can to watch them all.

He’s said that if the weather is as nice next Sunday as it is today, he’s going to do something outside.  His 60th birthday is a few months away and spending 3 hours on a beautiful day watching a team this bad no longer feels like something he can justify.

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

What's the plan RE: Miami? I get tanking for a first round pick and that...but what's the long term goal here?

In 2020 we have 13 picks so far. Six of which in the first three rounds.

1st: Own, Texans

2nd: Own, Saints
3rd: Own, projected compensatory pick
4th: Own, Titans
5th: Projected compensatory pick
6th: Own, Cowboys
7th: Own, Chiefs

In 2021 we have nine at the moment.

For yeeeears we've bumped between 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 and could have done that ad infinitum probably. So it's to build a team that can reach the playoffs consistently and make serious challenges. It's going to be really hard though as you need to get players in who are willing to sacrifice time from their career for the project. They need to join the team in the knowledge of that. This approach is far from a guarantee of success though, but I guess the owner (as much as I hate him) thought it was worth a go.

8 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

Looks like Adam Vinateri is going to announce his retirement tomorrow.  Went 0-3 on FG tries today, five misses already this year.

He was really good last year and it seemed like he’d end up playing into his 50s.

Amazing how quickly kickers can drop off.

Regardless, I don’t say this lightly about a kicker but he should be headed straight into Canton in 2025.

• Like 1

NFL Redzone just said Brees was out for the rest of the game.

Next shot is Brees running back to the sideline, helmet on and ready to go

@Plubby

4 hours ago, Plubby said:

I'm so proud of my boy Kellen wearing that headset :crying: 

• Like 3