NFL 2019

Maxx

Just now, Meacon said:

Why can’t he protest and kneel, GM? Just “Shut up and do ya job, boy!”, right?

9 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I agree with all that about Kaepernick. The other reason he doesn't have a job (though its kind of part of #3) is that he thinks he should just outright be handed the starting job. If he was willing to be a backup or at least compete for the starter role, he'd probably have already been signed by a team.

Also, the one team I think would never sign him is the Ravens, because of that stupid Twitter post his girlfriend made.

I would not mind him back in the league as long as a. He stops the protesting and kneeling. and b. Isn't a Cowboy or Titan. 

Another thing? People have inquired a few times if I've wished injuries on players. The answer to that is hell no. But if Ray Rice had ever been allowed back in the league once he was done after the video came out, he would have been the exception. You do that to a woman, you deserve a broken neck.

I think Kaep could kneel and have a job, if he wanted to - like I said Kenny Stills kneels in Texas and gets complimented by the HOU chief of police. Kaep could protest and play. This isn't a protest thing, this is a thing of no team wanting to put up with the media circus to employ a mediocre, expensive quarterback. I outlined why every one of those teams aren't a good fit - no one wants him to lead their team because he's just not very good at doing it for a variety of reasons.

22 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Kenny Stills wouldn’t be on the Texans if their racist ass owner didn’t die.

But DeAndre Hopkins is still there as are most of the guys that have or had been kneeling

I think the baggage you inherit by signing Kaep vs. his actual potential at this point is too much for most teams to deal with. Like if I could get a guy 80% as good as Kaep without any of the "controversy" I would take that guy. It's not fair but it is kinda the facts at this point. He isn't better enough to make any team willing to take on idiots maybe boycotting their team

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I think the baggage you inherit by signing Kaep vs. his actual potential at this point is too much for most teams to deal with. Like if I could get a guy 80% as good as Kaep without any of the "controversy" I would take that guy. It's not fair but it is kinda the facts at this point. He isn't better enough to make any team willing to take on idiots maybe boycotting their team

This.

Though I'd also offer up that a guy that is 80% as good as Kaep is preeeeeeetty bad lol.

5 minutes ago, Dickon Manwoody said:

Since Roger Gooddell has the power to draft people from alternate timelines (see Marioto, Marcus), he clearly should get in contact with Alternate Timeline Kaepernick.

Kolin Caepernick?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMN said:

It's abundantly clear that GM hasn't been following this at all considering that Kaepernick's people have said he is willing to take 'any position'. He's clearly willing to be a back-up.

Every team that loses a QB is always going to have a more 'reasonable' back-up plan than a guy who hasn't played in three years. That's the issue for Kaepernick, that literally every team can ignore him for completely feasible 'football reasons'. It's not starters he needs to go down, it's back-ups, no one is taking him over a guy who might be less talented but has been in the organization, even if it's only been a few weeks.

He definitely deserves a chance, I'm just not sure where it could happen.

I meant to use past tense in my post, because that isn't what was being said after the 49ers got rid of him. The Broncos tried to get him when he was still with San Fran, but he wasn't willing to take a pay cut. Seattle also considered him, but there was financial issues, there, too. And his girlfriend did something idiotic that cost him a shot at playing for the Ravens. Those are also reasons I believe he'd have lost the collusion suit if it had gone to trial rather than a settlement being made. (Eric Reid has a valid case, though.)

And I think Srara is dead on about the baggage he brings. Another reason no team has approached him. But if many more QBs are hurt or turn to crap and he isn't at least considered, then there's definitely something going on. If Brandon `Human Statue' Weeden gets signed over him again......

Its money, baggage, and other QBs fitting into systems better that are keeping him out of the league. I lost all my respect for Michael Vick over the dog-fighting, but he's already played for the Steelers so he's a better fit. Most teams would rather use backups they already have (including rookies) than give a shot to a quarterback who was mediocre last time he played and has missed seasons. Same reason Tim Tebow is hosting tv shows and playing baseball.

Can't wait for the shitstorm from the Idiot-In-Chief when someone does eventually sign him. Of course, all the racist mouth-breathers will eat it up once it starts.

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Can't wait for the shitstorm from the Idiot-In-Chief when someone does eventually sign him. Of course, all the racist mouth-breathers will eat it up once it starts.

To me, this is probably the biggest reason why he never got signed anywhere else.  The Orange Scumbag basically just uses him as a dog whistle for his base, and no NFL owner really wants to deal with that nonsense.

Sure Kenny Stills and Eric Reid have jobs, but they were never the leaders of the kneeling thing.

There was a game years ago where a defensive player actually got fined for tackling a QB.....by pushing him. I believe the QB was Brooks Bollinger (or someone else equally useless) when he played for the Cowboys back in 2008.