Sign in to follow this  
Maxx

NFL 2019

If my math is correct, eleven road teams won this week and only three home teams won. The hell happened to that whole home-field advantage thing?

58 minutes ago, Meacon said:

If my math is correct, eleven road teams won this week and only three home teams won. The hell happened to that whole home-field advantage thing?

Holy shit we won a morning eastern road game!

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Kirk Cousins really is not a good QB. Vikings banking everything on him (after they gave up a 1st for Bradford!) when they feasibly could have drafted Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson is malpractice.

Every NFCE fan knew this.  He's never been a great QB, average at best

He could have been great for the Jets....

14 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

My jaw about hit the floor when I saw that Carson Palmer was being enshrined in the Cardinals Ring of Honor.  Was only there for five years and the furthest they got was the NFC Title game where they got demolished.

But then again he had a better record as Cardinals QB than Warner in the same number of seasons.  So it’s really more of an indictment of team history than anything else.

Carson Palmer was excellent here. I think he has something like the best win percentage rate of any Cards QB (might be wrong, it's something like that) and led a really good Offense for a time under Bruce Arians. That year we went to the NFC Championship game he was in the conversation for league MVP.

Plus, you know, this isn't a franchise flush with amazing runs in its history or lots of championships. He's only the third QB enshrined in the Ring of Honor, after Jim Hart and Kurt Warner, and I'd say that's a fair top three.

Yeah I'm actually fine with Palmer get enshrined in Arizona's Ring of Honor. Despite being the oldest football team they have a shocking lack of history. Part to do with the moves but mostly to do with just being an overall bad team for the majority of their history. Palmer and Warner QB'd them during their best era of success since the Coryell years in the 70s. They've played in precisely 2 Conference Championships and Warner and Palmer were the QBs for those. Before that you have to go all the way back to the 1940s for the last championship game they were ever in. For a franchise that has been around for over a century their greatest player ever is currently on the team, which is just incredible.

8 hours ago, Lint said:

Every NFCE fan knew this.  He's never been a great QB, average at best

He has some ability and character but he just can't put it together on the field when it counts. It's nearly a literal crime that we have 2 great tight ends, a potential league leading rusher, and 2 all star wide receivers and we can't put more than 6 points up? I don't care if it is the Bears defense, the freaking redskins put up 15 points at least. Figure it out. We got outplayed at every level and thoroughly out coached - QBs are supposed to elevate your team's play and Kirk isn't doing that. 

I missed what actually happened, I'm assuming this is the one who was running off the pitch laughing after being sent off yesterday? If so, surprisingly quick action from a sports governing body for once!

It's just reached a point where he is a danger out on the field. He will openly try to hurt other players.

Wouldn't be shocked if we never see him play again.

9 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

I missed what actually happened, I'm assuming this is the one who was running off the pitch laughing after being sent off yesterday? If so, surprisingly quick action from a sports governing body for once!

https://streamable.com/4ryru

• Like 1

Thanks for that, yeah it was the guy I saw but hadn't seen the actual incident. No place for that in any sport and rightfully gone from the sport. McMahon on the phone already?

27 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Bad news for Bears fans

2 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

Giants lose rookie LB Ryan Connelly for the season to a torn ACL

This is such a bummer.  The Giants ignored the LB position for years and years under Jerry Reese.  Gettleman takes this guy in the fifth round, he plays his way into a starting role immediately, has two early picks and is relaying the defensive signals, and he's out.  They finally got a LB worth a damn and his knee gives out.

55 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Bad news for Bears fans

I really think they're better with Chase Daniel right now. He won't lose you games, which is what you need with that defense.

Trubisky is a better athlete, but could use more time.

In today's obscure stat news, with three kneeldowns for -3 yards in yesterday's game, Brady is back to exactly 1,000 yards rushing for his career.

Next week:  Jarrett Stidham handles the kneeldowns.

7 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

That would be such a weird stat to track.

I mean, it counts towards overall yardage but could you imagine taking the over on an over/under on Lamar Jackson rushing yds and he does 3 kneel downs at the end to wind up under?

Just now, damsher hatfield said:

I mean, it counts towards overall yardage but could you imagine taking the over on an over/under on Lamar Jackson rushing yds and he does 3 kneel downs at the end to wind up under?

Oh yeah that makes sense from a betting standpoint. Probably happens often with meaningless late game scores. 

This match is happening.