NFL 2019

Maxx

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

This is why I like Lowerdeck, the only Pats fan brave enough to tell Tom Brady to fuck off!  

I was talking about AB, but there's enough shit about Brady we can all question.

I like to talk shit on my idiot coworker about Brady and the Ugg boots and the whole Alex Guerrero thing.

16 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

As glad as I am to see him not head to the inevitable Patriots Super Bowl win, I would put money on Brown being on another team by the end of the season. This is the NFL, folks.

I'd say the Browns, if anything happens to one of their receivers.

They already got Kareem Hunt on suspension.

I don't understand fans sometimes man. I ignored the charges against Aroldis Chapman so he could help the Cubs win a World Series and I still feel bad about that sometimes. Not that it's right but I was all in do anything because we basically never won one in anyone's lifetime I ever met. To have 6 titles in less than 20 years and still be willing to look the other way is just evil

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

One of my Pats fan friends: “I’m not saying the investigation shouldn’t happen, but these accusations only came out when he signed with the Pats, should’ve waited for more information to release him.”

Did they want the Pats to wait for Brown to kill someone?  Christ.

Because he sent the fucking text messages on MONDAY, when he was a Patriot

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

As glad as I am to see him not head to the inevitable Patriots Super Bowl win, I would put money on Brown being on another team by the end of the season. This is the NFL, folks.

Fuck it.  Try to get him on every team during the season.  Make it a NFL Network special.  "Mr. Big Challenge: 32 teams in 16 weeks"

Mike Leach is saying exactly what I've said for the last twenty years. I don't think NFL scouts watch the film. It's like the watch the highlights and then go into the draft. It's probably why New England drafts so well. Because Billy B actually does the scouting necessary to find studs past the first round. 

Know who I feel sorry for? Nick Foles.

Lost the starting job to Mark Sanchez because he had a bad season, then went to two other teams before going back to the Eagles. Kicks major ass replacing an injured Carson Wentz, including winning the Super Bowl, then buys out his 2019 option to become a free agent because they're going to make Wentz the starter again. Goes to Jacksonville, gets injured in his first regular season game, and is done as the starter even when he returns because Minshew is bringing it.

Also, new tactic for me if the Patriots go to the Super Bowl: Unless they're playing the Eagles, and especially if they're playing the Cowboys, I'll be majorly cheering for New England!

No, I haven't lost my mind. The reason why is because the times I actually have been for them in the Super Bowl (XXXI, LLI), the sons of bitches lost. 

• Like 1

Foles should get no sympathy. He has gotten a boatload of guaranteed money, a ring and a Super Bowl MVP despite never looking even above average outside an Andy Reid offense.

He should be counting his blessings and thanking Reid for everything he has.

Minshew’s performance already has me dreading WFAN callers on Monday morning.

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to expect Jones to go through some struggles in his first start especially against a Todd Bowles-led defense.  But I just know that you’re going to have people who have no patience calling in going “we used the #6 pick on this guy when a 6th round pick looks so much better!”

7 hours ago, TCO said:

Foles should get no sympathy. He has gotten a boatload of guaranteed money, a ring and a Super Bowl MVP despite never looking even above average outside an Andy Reid offense.

He should be counting his blessings and thanking Reid for everything he has.

That's just not true considering his best statistical year was under Chip Kelly and his best team success was under Doug Pederson, but sure, the rookie year and two games in KC as a back-up are his high points.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DMN said:

That's just not true considering his best statistical year was under Chip Kelly and his best team success was under Doug Pederson, but sure, the rookie year and two games in KC as a back-up are his high points.

Doug Pederson's offense is an Andy Reid offense though, his whole NFL coaching career has been under Andy Reid. But yes his best statistical season was under Chip Kelly. I still stand by the opinion that he's very, very average. Certainly doesn't justify the guaranteed money the Jags gave him. 

23 minutes ago, TCO said:

Doug Pederson's offense is an Andy Reid offense though, his whole NFL coaching career has been under Andy Reid. But yes his best statistical season was under Chip Kelly. I still stand by the opinion that he's very, very average. Certainly doesn't justify the guaranteed money the Jags gave him. 

While i completely agree about Foles being average, you could say the same about almost every QB that gets a huge contract after a standout season.  Hell, Kirk Cousins got a monster contact and he's never even been average

5 minutes ago, Lint said:

While i completely agree about Foles being average, you could say the same about almost every QB that gets a huge contract after a standout season.  Hell, Kirk Cousins got a monster contact and he's never even been average

It should also be remembered that the vast, vast majority of NFL players are 'system' players and play better or worse in different schemes because of their skill sets. Very few players are universal in terms of scheme fit. This goes doubly so for QBs.

• Like 4