NFL 2019

Maxx

I think it would be a mistake for the Cowboys to assume that they can just find a QB better than Dak. It's way easier to miss on QBs than it is to hit on them, even the ones that are average to above average. 

And as long as you structure the contract correctly, it's not a long term albatross you think it is. The 49ers can move on from Jimmy G after this season with little negative cap impact if they so choose. 

To nobody's surprise, Golden Tate's four game suspension has been fully upheld.  While his explanation is entirely plausible (fertility treatment contained a banned substance and he didn't realize til after), it's nearly impossible to get out of a PED suspension.  The reality is you and your doctor have to examine what's in each and every pill that you're putting into your body.

For whatever it's worth, of the first four games (at Dallas, vs Buffalo, at Tampa, vs Washington) that's not that bad.  I fully expect Dallas to roll us if they get their contract messes sorted but the other three games should be winnable.  I don't have high hopes for the season anyway but if they suck enough to start 1-3 or 0-4, Tate wasn't going to be enough to turn that around anyway.

4 hours ago, livid said:

I think it would be a mistake for the Cowboys to assume that they can just find a QB better than Dak. It's way easier to miss on QBs than it is to hit on them, even the ones that are average to above average. 

And as long as you structure the contract correctly, it's not a long term albatross you think it is. The 49ers can move on from Jimmy G after this season with little negative cap impact if they so choose. 

I'd argue that then a cheaper Jimmy G would be available for the Cowboys to pick up and Dak will not need to be paid.

Moss and Megatron? lol. In what universe is either of them better than Rice, or even anywhere near his league? Because it sure isn't this one. And I'd have Megatron and T.O. ranked higher than Moss. Who do they have ranked 4th? Chad Ochocinco?

Edited by GhostMachine

Rice’s longevity makes his career records virtually unbreakable.

About the only records that’ll be tougher to beat are Vinatieri’s once he finally retires.  In an era where kickers can be replaced on a dime the second they struggle, I can’t see anyone being that good for a quarter century.

15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Moss is easily the second best receiver of all time and if he had Rice’s work ethic he would have been #1

What gets me is that people hold being cocky against Owens, but let Moss slide. And Moss was an asshole. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Moss is easily the second best receiver of all time and if he had Rice’s work ethic he would have been #1

I don't think anyone will come close to Rice's career numbers due to the length of his career and how he was so great for basically all of it. Moss would have needed like 5 more years to get anywhere close to Rice. 

Moss is probably the most physically talented receiver of all-time.

1. Rice

2. Moss

3. Owens

4. Calvin Johnson

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Maxx said:

And?  That doesn’t make him not one of the best of all time.

54 minutes ago, Meacon said:

He managed to criticize people who judge players based on their personality and do just that all within one post. 

What I was trying to say is that there are a lot of people who will give Moss credit all day long despite him being an asshole, yet won't give it to T.O., who was just cocky as fuck.

My list is the same as DMN's, but with Moss and T.O. flipped. You can make arguments all day long about which one is #2 or #3, but #1 and #4 are set in stone. Any list that doesn't have Rice at #1 is laughable.

Statistically, he's the 3rd best WR of all time.  I feel like top 3 WRs is really the easiest position to figure out, the stats lay it out really well.

With TO people just remember the antics and forget he was putting up great numbers most of the time.  I'm still surprised he didn't get signed again after his last year in Cincinnati, he had a productive season.