NFL 2019

Maxx

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Kirk Cousins really is not a good QB. Vikings banking everything on him (after they gave up a 1st for Bradford!) when they feasibly could have drafted Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson is malpractice.

Every NFCE fan knew this.  He's never been a great QB, average at best

14 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

My jaw about hit the floor when I saw that Carson Palmer was being enshrined in the Cardinals Ring of Honor.  Was only there for five years and the furthest they got was the NFC Title game where they got demolished.

But then again he had a better record as Cardinals QB than Warner in the same number of seasons.  So it’s really more of an indictment of team history than anything else.

Carson Palmer was excellent here. I think he has something like the best win percentage rate of any Cards QB (might be wrong, it's something like that) and led a really good Offense for a time under Bruce Arians. That year we went to the NFC Championship game he was in the conversation for league MVP.

Plus, you know, this isn't a franchise flush with amazing runs in its history or lots of championships. He's only the third QB enshrined in the Ring of Honor, after Jim Hart and Kurt Warner, and I'd say that's a fair top three.

Yeah I'm actually fine with Palmer get enshrined in Arizona's Ring of Honor. Despite being the oldest football team they have a shocking lack of history. Part to do with the moves but mostly to do with just being an overall bad team for the majority of their history. Palmer and Warner QB'd them during their best era of success since the Coryell years in the 70s. They've played in precisely 2 Conference Championships and Warner and Palmer were the QBs for those. Before that you have to go all the way back to the 1940s for the last championship game they were ever in. For a franchise that has been around for over a century their greatest player ever is currently on the team, which is just incredible.

8 hours ago, Lint said:

Every NFCE fan knew this.  He's never been a great QB, average at best

He has some ability and character but he just can't put it together on the field when it counts. It's nearly a literal crime that we have 2 great tight ends, a potential league leading rusher, and 2 all star wide receivers and we can't put more than 6 points up? I don't care if it is the Bears defense, the freaking redskins put up 15 points at least. Figure it out. We got outplayed at every level and thoroughly out coached - QBs are supposed to elevate your team's play and Kirk isn't doing that.