NFL 2019

Maxx

Well it was nice during the first two weeks when the Cowboys had some interesting play calling going on.  Now we’re making extremely stupid decisions.  Running on 3rd and 11, and then going for it on 4th and 2 in the second quarter when it’s 7-3.

Clearly it’s big brain time.

10 minutes ago, Maxx said:

then going for it on 4th and 2 in the second quarter when it’s 7-3.

And this idiocy led to the Jets scoring two TDs in the last 2:30 of the half.  This is laughably bad

1 hour ago, Trent Buschetta said:

The Chiefs’ defense is absolutely horrendous.  Tough to buy them as actual contenders.

KC, Baltimore, and Seattle all have the same problem where despite having a great offense the defense just can't make stops. It's like they each have one thing they do well but everything else is a mess. Seattle has zero secondary. Baltimore has zero pass rush. KC is a mix of both with a terrible run defense.

I think they'll all be active around the trade deadline. Ravens will wait out Jimmy Smith's injury for CB help but they'll see what moves they can make to bring in better situational pass rushers.

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

Unreal. Cards drive down to take the lead 34-27, Matt Ryan walks the ball down for a TD just inside two minutes...and Matt Bryant skews the extra point just wide. Cards win 34-33.

Sounds about right for the Ryan era Falcons

30 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Damn Cowboys, even the Dolphins' 2 point attempt was better than that.

Had we kicked a field goal in the situation where you have to be brain dead not to kick a field goal, we wouldn’t have needed that conversion at all.

36 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Had we kicked a field goal in the situation where you have to be brain dead not to kick a field goal, we wouldn’t have needed that conversion at all.

jason-garrett-100917-usnews-getty-ftr_15

*breathes heavily* "But the analytics says..."

EDIT: I just saw the 2-point play. It's not a bad play or playcall. There was just absolutely nobody to pick up the blitz and Witten hadn't gotten any separation. Nowhere near as dumb as the Miami, throw the ball three yards from the goalline and hope you can make guys miss, if you had even caught the ball. 

https://tv.avclub.com/an-nfl-long-snapper-tells-block-tackle-about-life-in-1838962590

In eighth grade—the first year of school ball when I lived in Oklahoma—the coach shouted in the middle of practice, “If you want to try to be the long snapper, come over to this side of the field!” There were probably like 10 kids who walked over there. He said, “Just start snapping. We’ll let you know what we think.” Everybody would kind of shotgun snap the ball 12 yards—eighth grade, you’re not going to do the full 15. All these kids were one-hand snapping it. I was the only one with two hands on the ball. And the coach is walking down the line, he’s pointing at the kids, he goes, “You’re fired. You’re fired. You’re fired. Pepper, you’re hired.” Honestly, from then on out, I was like, “I’m a long snapper now!”

• Like 2