NFL 2019

Maxx

19 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Matt Moore comes in to back him up and immediately plays better than Flacco. Nice trade, John. Bring in the turd who had one good four game stretch in his entire career. That's the ticket. 

11 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Yet another brilliant Elway decision from one of the worst Denver drafts in history. Hell, one of the worst drafts for any team. 

You hate to see it.

♥️

• Admin

Mahomes suffered a patella dislocation and will undergo an MRI to determine if there is any ligament damage

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

Matt Moore comes in to back him up and immediately plays better than Flacco. Nice trade, John. Bring in the turd who had one good four game stretch in his entire career. That's the ticket. 

tbf Kansas originally had Chad Henne serving as the backup...

12 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

I feel like if Elway was anyone else, he’d have been fired years ago.

This is why teams should never hire franchise legends into the front office.

To be fair (insert Letterkenny reference here), he did get them another Super Bowl and has built good defenses. I think the loss of Pat Bowlen has been the bigger issue, since, to my understanding, the transition to his children hasn't been as smooth as you'd like.

Not that Elway has been good, but half the league would kill to have the Broncos success during his tenure.

10 hours ago, Lineker said:

Mahomes suffered a patella dislocation and will undergo an MRI to determine if there is any ligament damage

tbf Kansas originally had Chad Henne serving as the backup...

No Mahomes would give the Raiders (provided they continue to play like they have) a shot at a division title, but I hope he's ok, I want to beat the real Chiefs.

I’m always hesitant to give credit to Elway for the defense since it completely came unraveled (and was awful prior to) when Wade Phillips was here. Yes he drafted Von Miller, but that was a draft where we were going to take Cam Newton or Miller depending on who Carolina took. 

Maybe things would have turned out differently if Kubiak had been able to keep coaching, but the draft, the roster Elway has assembled, and the coaching hires since Kubiak speaks for itself. 

17 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I’m always hesitant to give credit to Elway for the defense since it completely came unraveled (and was awful prior to) when Wade Phillips was here. Yes he drafted Von Miller, but that was a draft where we were going to take Cam Newton or Miller depending on who Carolina took. 

Maybe things would have turned out differently if Kubiak had been able to keep coaching, but the draft, the roster Elway has assembled, and the coaching hires since Kubiak speaks for itself. 

Far be it from me to defend John Elway, but he's done a good job building the team everywhere except the two most important spots, QB and O-Line. The defense has talent, the offense has weapons.

Things could be a lot worse. You could be us. Or the Chargers!

I think the biggest knock on Elway is that beyond the no brainer draft picks he's had he hasn't been savvy in who he's taken. And do the Broncos even have a notable UDFA on their roster? Drafting  sure-thing stars is something everyone can do. It's the other picks that separate the good GMs from the bad ones.

• Like 1