NFL 2019

Maxx

3 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

One thing that we are forgetting about TO is that he made Jeff Garcia briefly look like the next great 49ers QB.

I try and block trauma from my mind as much as possible, thanks. 

• Haha 1

Jeff Garcia always came off as super unlikeable in interviews.  He seemed like a real douche when he had no business acting like one

19 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I went to a free Eagles pre-season game a couple years ago and the stadium was dead silent after the first fifteen minutes. Absolutely nothing like a regular season game. It was almost like I was at a Temple football game. 

Been to a few Eagles pre-season games and yep...its dead quiet after the first quarter.

On the plus side, they tended to not care about moving to better seats

10 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

The difference in atmosphere between American football and real football really couldn’t be more different. 

It's weird. I went to a regular season game at Soldier Field last year and it genuinely seemed most people didn't care what was going on. Just seemed like they were there to eat, drink and chat.

Major culture difference!

I've only been to one preseason game - Giants/Jaguars back in I believe 1997.  All I remember about it was Brunell getting a major injury.  Other than that we left near the end of the third quarter I think.

I'd never been to a Giants game before, so this was basically a "trial" run to see if I could handle going to a game as I was a very hyperactive kid around that age.  My actual game was either that year or the next against Dallas.  Wonder if I still have my old ticket stubs, I know I was saving them for a while up until tickets turned into printouts.

9 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

I've only been to one preseason game - Giants/Jaguars back in I believe 1997.  All I remember about it was Brunell getting a major injury.  Other than that we left near the end of the third quarter I think.

I'd never been to a Giants game before, so this was basically a "trial" run to see if I could handle going to a game as I was a very hyperactive kid around that age.  My actual game was either that year or the next against Dallas.  Wonder if I still have my old ticket stubs, I know I was saving them for a while up until tickets turned into printouts.

I can help rule out if it was 1998 real quick because I was at that Cowboys/Giants game in Jersey.  That one was a Monday night game where Deion Sanders returned a punt and an interception for touchdowns and the Cowboys won 31-7.   Ring any bells?

• Like 1

Yep that meant it definitely wasn't 1998 - the Giants won and I've never been to a night game.  It was 1997.  And now looking at the box score, I totally remember that Tito Wooten pick six because the crowd erupted in "WOOOOOOOO", and not like Ric Flair.

I also completely forgot about the Cowboys kicker being named Richie Cunningham but I remember my dad and his friends having a big laugh about it.