Sign in to follow this  
Maxx

NFL 2019

How about the Steelers player that took down Garrett and started kicking him in the head? How many games does he get?

58 minutes ago, Pooker said:

How about the Steelers player that took down Garrett and started kicking him in the head? How many games does he get?

Pouncey? He will get a game or two. Can't see Garrett playing again this year.

Some people even believe there should be criminal charges filed against Garrett. Considering he could have caused serious injury...or worse...with that helmet, I could see it. Don't think it'll happen, though.

When he is suspended, I bet it extends into next season. 

Edited by GhostMachine

Just completely embarrassing, it's inexcusable and has no place on a football field.

Losing to the Browns... just horrific.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And of course there has to be atleast one known person who makes a complete douche out of themselves regarding this...

Spoiler

All I can say is fuck Bruce Irvin.

Yeah there is no place for Myles Garrett doing that. Make it indefinite, give him the rest of the year at least. I always wonder where the line between the inherent violence of football and criminal assault gets drawn and that certainly seemed to cross it.

Rest of the year? He wants his contract ripping up for that and banning indefinitely. That is an outrageous disgrace and, football field or not, how can anyone say that isn't assault? He could've seriously injured Rudolph doing that.

Were they winning at the time? Nearly the end of the game? Total insanity.

Like something out of Blood Bowl. Couldn't believe what I was watching there. HUGE repercussions for loads of people there but after the helmet assault he's got to be finished. 

7 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Some people even believe there should be criminal charges filed against Garrett. Considering he could have caused serious injury...or worse...with that helmet, I could see it. Don't think it'll happen, though.

When he is suspended, I bet it extends into next season. 

I would wholeheartedly support criminal charges - that's not just a hard, dangerous hit in the middle of play - that's attempting to inflict blunt force trauma on another human. I like the Browns as a franchise and am hoping Mayfield turns out to be good (I have a soft spot for underdogs) but Garrett should absolutely be done for the rest of the year and, probably, half of next season at minimum.

You are on the biggest stage of your sport and you act like that? C'mon man

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taxation is Theft said:

I am worried that Garrett will never play again. Then again, Todd Bertuzzi and Marty MacSourley were allowed back after assaulting other players. 

Yupppppppp. He'll be back - he's damn lucky he didn't land a direct hit and that Rudolph is seemingly ok

You guys do realize Albert Haynesworth was allowed to stay in the league after taking off Andre Gurode's helmet and then stomping on his face, right?  No criminal charges either.

Garrett will be gone for the year, that's all that's going to happen.

I don't see how Rudolph should have been suspended, Garret is the one who escalated it past normal football shit.

Also find the outrage hilarious, because it's like everyone wants to pretend it's not a violent game (always has been, always will be) until that violence books over, then they throw their arms up in the air about it.

• Like 1

I think there's a difference between rough tackling and intentionally braining someone in the head with a hard helmet.

Garrett should be done, that suspension seems reasonable for Pouncey and absolutely Rudolph should not be suspended.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taxation is Theft said:

I am worried that Garrett will never play again. Then again, Todd Bertuzzi and Marty MacSourley were allowed back after assaulting other players. 

Oh, he'll be back. He'll probably get drilled next time he plays the Steelers, but he'll be back. Unfortunately. Personally, I hope the motherfucker never plays again.

*edited to add* Deion Sanders is saying Rudolph should have been fined for starting or escalating the situation. Was he watching the same thing as everyone else? And apparently OJ Simpson has a video on Twitter where he gives his opinion. Will not watch it and do not care what he has to say about anything ever.

Edited by GhostMachine

Garrett was clearly going too far but Rudolph ain't a saint in all this. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Rudolph helped instigated this.  Garrett took him to the ground and while that was happening Rudolph grabbed his helmet and tried to pull it off.  Then it blew up, but that’s what started it.

• Like 2