NFL 2019

Maxx

The Dolphins would be silly to draft a QB, I think. As mentioned earlier, they have a bunch of holes that they need to be filled. Clearly they are in a full rebuild from the ground up mode so they are going to be mediocre at best for the next couple of seasons as they flesh out their starters and depth. You have Josh Rosen on a rookie contract still for at least another couple of seasons. Why not build around him and see if he can prove his worth at any capacity? And if not, draft a QB for the 2022 season. I'd say priority one should definitely be getting that defense up to snuff.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LL. said:

The Dolphins would be silly to draft a QB, I think. As mentioned earlier, they have a bunch of holes that they need to be filled. Clearly they are in a full rebuild from the ground up mode so they are going to be mediocre at best for the next couple of seasons as they flesh out their starters and depth. You have Josh Rosen on a rookie contract still for at least another couple of seasons. Why not build around him and see if he can prove his worth at any capacity? And if not, draft a QB for the 2022 season. I'd say priority one should definitely be getting that defense up to snuff.

If the Bengals or Dolphins went for Tua or Herbert this year, they'd be wasting them with all their dysfunction.

The Dolphins might be smart enough to wait for Lawrence in 2021.  Bengals, nope.

The only way the Giants trade for Williams makes any sense is if he signs an extension there. I guess they get one of the picks back potentially with a comp pick, but still why not just keep the pick you originally had?

And the RB rich Cards trading for Drake is also a bad move. They're not making a run at anything this year and unless they plan to move Johnson and keep him and Edmonds there's no room for him long-term.

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

The only way the Giants trade for Williams makes any sense is if he signs an extension there. I guess they get one of the picks back potentially with a comp pick, but still why not just keep the pick you originally had?

I'd hesitate to even say that an extension makes sense, because Williams has been a bust.