NFL 2019

Maxx

54 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I can't wait until they hire the next OC, under which Rivers will throw another 6,000 yards and still miss the playoffs

• Admin
2 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Talib's on IR anyway so I don't see him playing a down for Miami.

From Gregg Rosenthal: 

Expect more deals in future years like the Dolphins' acquisition of cornerback Aqib Talib. The Rams sent Talib and a 2020 fifth-round pick to Miami in exchange for a 2022 seventh-round pick, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. This was essentially a salary dump. Talib is on injured reserve with a rib injury and due $4.2 million the rest of the season. While it's possible there are more details forthcoming, the Dolphins presumably agreed to pay that money to get an extra pick in the 2020 draft. That's awfully expensive considering that fifth-round picks rarely become starters, but it's not so different than the Brock Osweiler-to-Cleveland move from a few years ago. It's possible the Dolphins could also pick up a 2021 compensatory pick if Talib, an impending free agent, signs elsewhere next year. The Rams now have more space to re-sign their own players, like Jalen Ramsey, or make another deal on Tuesday. Knowing general manager Les Snead's track record, it's probably the latter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

His contract doesn't toll for a season.

Yeah, I get that part, but how is "reporting to the team but refusing to play" any different than "not reporting to the team" besides that? I think he probably had a valid reason for being pissed and holding out but now that's like showing up to work to get hours but refusing to do any work, to me that seems the same basically as just not showing up :S