NFL 2019

Maxx

If I was the Redskins (I'd change the name but anyway) - and I had a player that, for whatever reason, was holding out - whether it's Trent Williams with a legit gripe or a Melvin Gordon holding out for a better contract - and the showed up at the deadline to report and said I'm here now but i'm not going to play; As the team, I'm going to be pretty pissed and would argue that that doesn't really mean you reported then and your contract shouldn't elapse a year.

I know the Draft is a lottery and hindsight is a great thing. However it'll never stop being funny that the Bears traded a 3rd and 5th to move up 1 spot to take Trubisky, when they could have had Watson or Mahomes if they'd stayed tight.

• Haha 1

• Admin

31 minutes ago, TCO said:

I know the Draft is a lottery and hindsight is a great thing. However it'll never stop being funny that the Bears traded a 3rd and 5th to move up 1 spot to take Trubisky, when they could have had Watson or Mahomes if they'd stayed tight.

One of those picks ended up being Alvin Kamara as well.

41 minutes ago, TCO said:

I had a fairly good feeling about Watson. Not so much about Mahomes. But Christ, anyone who watched that goofball at UNC could see he was nowhere near a first round pick.

Yeah I never understood why Trubisky was so highly rated going into that draft.

It could prove to be a really awful couple of years of drafts for the Bears depending on what happens with Roquan Smith.  Just a few days ago there were rumors that he was mulling an extremely early retirement.  He put those rumors to rest for now but it's something to keep an eye on since the team was concerned enough about it that they were reportedly looking at inside linebackers to trade for as an insurance policy.

Isn't the whole Trent Williams thing related to ow they handled a growth removed from his head? Would make sense that he'd claim discomfort in his physical.

I didn't understand why Trubisky was highly rated either. Mahomes was seen as somewhat of a risk and a project so there was at least doubts about him. His arm alone was enough to get people talking. I think if you take away Andy Reid and sitting behind Alex Smith for a year, the conversation about him is very different.

Two questions regarding week 9, just because I'm curious:

1. Anyone going to the Texans-Jaguars game at Wembley? 

2. Jets vs. Dolphins game: Shit or SHIT?

Edited by GhostMachine
Because Stone Cold said so!

8 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

between Mayfield and Beckham this remains on pace to be a complete dumpster fire

Grossi: It seemed like there was a lack of urgency there, was there something going on?

Baker: There was a penalty so we were in negative yardage.

Grossi: But there was a lot of time between snaps.

Baker: Well when the penalty happened and we're behind the chains...

Grossi, interrupting Baker: But the clock was running

Baker, interrupting Grossi: Stop saying but, I just told you the clock was running and we had a penalty. Do you want to give them the ball back? No. You don't play, so you don't know it. That's just plain and simple.

Grossi: Were you happy with the drive?

Baker, visibly frustrated: Was I happy with the drive? No, we didn't score points. That's the dumbest question you could ask. Jesus, Tony.

Cards make a massive stop on 4th & Goal to end the first half down only one score...except Kingsbury calls a Timeout a millisecond before the snap for some reason, and the Niners score on the replayed play to end the half up 21-7. Super.

I know the Niners are really good anyway, but for crying out loud.