Sign in to follow this  
Maxx

NFL 2019

3 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Cleveland needs to call him right now. He's a proven top 10 coach.

Meanwhile those McCarthey rumours just won't go away!

McCarthey is probably landing in Atlanta

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

I can't imagine Newton is going to be in Carolina next year anyway. This feels like the perfect time for a Panthers reboot. 

Probably depends on who the next head coach is. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I've got a feeling the Panthers might give Newton one more season before he moves on.

The sad thing is the Giants pulled Eli as the starter right as he fell to .500 in his regular season career.  As bad as the Eagles have looked recently, the Giants are far worse and haven't beaten the Eagles in years.  So now Eli gets to lose to Philly one last time to go below .500

Yet if he manages to pull off an unlikely victory and mess up Philly's season in the process, it'll just fuck up the draft.  Total no-win situation for the Giants.

They dropped an insane stat on First Take. The Ravens have something north of 140 RUSHING first downs this season. That's like 12 a game. 12 first downs a game on the ground. The NFL average is 5.6, and the next closest team is Indianapolis at 8.

The Baltimore Ravens are a meat grinder, and I, for one, am all for it.

• Like 2

If you had your way the forward pass would be illegal again

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Maxx said:

It's not real football unless they're wearing leather helmets.

41 minutes ago, DMN said:

They dropped an insane stat on First Take. The Ravens have something north of 140 RUSHING first downs this season. That's like 12 a game. 12 first downs a game on the ground. The NFL average is 5.6, and the next closest team is Indianapolis at 8.

The Baltimore Ravens are a meat grinder, and I, for one, am all for it.

And the craziest thing is, it feels that most of those runs aren't grindy 'rush the big lad through the middle' plays either, they have so many Run-Run-Pass options going in their offensive playbook that even teams that manage to stop plays can't stop them from at least getting 2-3 yards, before they chance it on 4th and short where they have a 50+ conversion rate. The versatility commands enough respect on defense that they can't commit to anything without leaving another option open for big gains.

It's hoping that attrition sets in during a drive that forces the Ravens to take risks that don't get enough so they can force a punt or even a ToD, because else they're going to get at least 3 points every single drive with the GOAT kicker, or more with their historically potent offense.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

There are only three things that can happen on a pass, and two of them are bad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DMN said:

There are only three things that can happen on a pass, and two of them are bad.

1- Not being able to watch Derrick Henry stomp defenders into puddles 

2- Not being able to watch Derrick Henry stomp defenders into puddles

3- Being able to see Derrick Henry catch a ball maybe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m sure we’ll be turning into a Super Bowl contender any second now.

Just going to spend the rest of the season wondering if it will be the 49ers or the Seahawks that blow us out of the fucking water after we stumbled ass backwards into the playoffs

Really glad that after Maher sucked last week, we brought in kickers, signed none of them, and trotted out Maher to suck some more

28 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Jason Garrett might not be boarding a plane after this.

'Ron Rivera, please pick up the white courtesy phone.'

33 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Jason Garrett might not be boarding a plane after this.

He should be shitcanned because the team has obviously quit on him.   But he won’t be, we’ll finish out this wet fart of a season and not renew his contract all so Jerry can claim he didn’t fire him.

Remember when the 6-9 Seahawks and 7-8 Rams duked it out for the NFC West 9 years ago? Well if you forget you get to basically see it with the Eagles and Cowboys this year.

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

He should be shitcanned because the team has obviously quit on him.   But he won’t be, we’ll finish out this wet fart of a season and not renew his contract all so Jerry can claim he didn’t fire him.

Oh yeah I forgot about the contract. Jerry should look into Can't Kellen Good Plays as well. Remember 2 months ago when he was an "offensive guru"?

I'm not joking when I say Jerry should be on the phone with Ron Rivera tomorrow. I wouldn't bring him in until the end of the season, but I'd try to get that done and keep it under wraps.

Unless you think you can grab someone like Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer, I think Rivera is a great fit. He'll use Zeke, which is what Jerry wants, and the defense will be good, as long as the backers are healthy.

Gotta figure out Dak and Amari too, but I think Rivera would have this team dominating the East if Philly can't get their shit together.

I hate Cowboys fans.  The amount of people I’m seeing dismissing Urban Meyer or Lincoln Riley as guys who would turn into “Garrett 2.0, a good offensive mind who can’t do anything else” is infuriating.

Jason Garrett is not a good offensive mind.  His play calling was shitty and uninspired and he got stripped of offensive play calling duties a couple years into his head coaching stint.

• Sad 1

People really overrate the Jerry Jones puppet shit.  Stephen and Will McClay have way more control over the team these days and routinely, and correctly, overrule Jerry.  If Urban Meyer wants to draft a guy or sign a guy, Jerry isn’t going to get in the way.  And Jerry isn’t going to do something like rush out and sign Antonio Brown and not consult anyone.  That’s just not how it happens anymore.

The problem is that after Parcells, he hired guys who aren’t good enough to clash with what he wants anyways.  Wade Phillips was happy to be getting paid and Jason Garrett is a painfully average coach who brings nothing original to the table.  

The major barrier for success a coach for the Cowboys will face is whether or not they can get the team to respect and fear them.  No one was worried Jason Garrett would be cutting someone for underperforming, because they knew Jerry wouldn’t pull the trigger on that.  But no one doubted Jimmy Johnson would cut them, and no one, aside from maybe TO, doubted Parcells would either.  Urban Meyer seems like he has the right amount of asshole in him to be able to inspire that.

• Like 1