NFL 2019

Maxx

1 minute ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Even a large chunk of our fans on Twitter are angry that we're doing too well last week and this (so far) because they want to "Tank for Tua" still. You're right about the number of QBs, all of which I think you could build an offense around.

Flores is really bringing in some great hustle to the team, some very interesting plays and cutting back on the fouls that were rife under Gase. The wage bill has also been slashed and he's been bringing in line and secondary players who are really versatile too. I'm liking what I see but we're nowhere near anything like the finished article. There are a LOT of Dolphins picks in the draft, whatever we finish the season on, so with this coaching team I think things could get very good over the next few years....whether we get Tua or not.

It's also very easy to lose the team right out of the gate by not fighting through these games, and once that happens it's almost impossible to turn it back around. 

Last year, even though the Raiders were losing games, you could see they were still fighting, then they beat Denver, and you could tell that they were buying in to Gruden. It's important because you can't cut everyone, especially when you don't have 10 years and $100 million to back up your patience.

Just now, TCO said:

Burrow will be almost 24 by the time he plays in the NFL and is older than Lamar Jackson, just as a fun side note! Always weary of guys coming on strong when they're way older and more experienced than their opposition.

I'd be worried if he was out at BYU after a mission, but he's playing in the SEC, against Texas, teams where the starters in the secondary and pretty much across the defense will get a chance in the NFL, so I feel he's more tested.

I also don't think age matters as much in the NFL as it does say, in the NBA. QBs can play to 40 now, I'd they're really top level. Maybe not Lamar Jackson, due to his current reliance on athleticism, but there's no reason he can't modify his game as he ages.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Of course. Andy Reid is still their head coach.

A lot of people will give Andy shit for the game today but what is he supposed to do when they have a bad snap on one FG and then the other one gets blocked?

Their biggest problem is that they can't stop the run, which as anyone who has been watching the AFC this year can tell you is not a good thing to have going on.

30 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

A lot of people will give Andy shit for the game today but what is he supposed to do when they have a bad snap on one FG and then the other one gets blocked?

I wasn’t criticizing anything he did today. I was saying, in response to Busch’s “Baltimore or New England to win the AFC” comment that history is with him that, no Andy Reid’s team likely won’t be representing the conference in the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

Dolphins win again, now they’ve had a historically bad season without the benefit of getting the #1 overall pick.

Meanwhile the Bengals continue to go about their business, with a quiet work man like devotion to sucking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I wasn’t criticizing anything he did today. I was saying, in response to Busch’s “Baltimore or New England to win the AFC” comment that history is with him that, no Andy Reid’s team likely won’t be representing the conference in the Super Bowl.

I don't want to count Houston out of this conversation but also Bill O'Brien is just Andy Reid by a different name.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, damsher hatfield said:

I don't want to count Houston out of this conversation but also Bill O'Brien is just Andy Reid by a different name.

My memory ain’t what it use to be: has he had Deshawn Watson for a full playoff run yet? That could likely be the difference if not.

• Like 1