NFL 2019

Maxx

So the NFL isn't releasing a list of teams and personnel that will be in attendance on Saturday. Such a farce, all of this.

To the teams out there that need to improve at QB and don't sign him, enjoy sitting out many January's to come. But, hey, at least your sunglasses-in-their-Twitter-profile-pic fans will keep coming to your games.

It'll be dang interesting that's for sure, farce though it is. I wonder how many teams will send legit scouts.

I mean surely there are some squads that could use him. I don't think he's that great of a QB, I've said that here on many occasions BUT that doesn't mean he couldnot wrangle a job for next year.

I mean the Titans are pretty well done with Mariota and I doubt Tannehill's the answer. Unless this rookie for the Bengals shows some chops, they're done with Dalton, so maybe there's a job there while they wait on Tua or whoever. Trubisky is not looking real great and Chase Daniel's not ever really been a starter in Chicago. Idk how long NYJ wants to wait to see if Darnold can rock the vote and New York is a market that can handle controversy.

The whole thing is a farce, and though I think he was better than people give him credit for, there's got to be little to no market for a quarterback that, though he claims to have been working out, has not played in a single second of football in three years. It's cliche' but there really is a difference between in-shape and in-football-shape. I can't imagine Kap has much more to offer than most quarterbacks currently in the free agent pool. The NFL fucked him over three years ago and all this is is an attempt to save whatever face they think they can from the ones foolish enough to think it's legit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

So the NFL isn't releasing a list of teams and personnel that will be in attendance on Saturday. Such a farce, all of this.

To the teams out there that need to improve at QB and don't sign him, enjoy sitting out many January's to come. But, hey, at least your sunglasses-in-their-Twitter-profile-pic fans will keep coming to your games.

Come on, what on the bubble teams right now in need of a QB are legit playoff appearing teams now because they signed the above-mediocre QB who hasn't played in 3 years? Pittsburgh is the ONLY team I can honestly think of, and they're in QB need purely for a short term fix right now. Chicago isn't a playoff team no matter what, really, and any other team currently on the bubble doesn't need Kap. 

3 years gone from the game Kap really isn't an upgrade over Ryan Tannehill at this point, in my opinion. Meac put it best, that's a long time out of the game, especially for a QB who never was the same once defenses learned how to play against him.

I'm all for Kap getting to play in the NFL because the man deserves it and has been screwed by the system, but this is such a reach of a post.

36 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Come on, what on the bubble teams right now in need of a QB are legit playoff appearing teams now because they signed the above-mediocre QB who hasn't played in 3 years? Pittsburgh is the ONLY team I can honestly think of, and they're in QB need purely for a short term fix right now. Chicago isn't a playoff team no matter what, really, and any other team currently on the bubble doesn't need Kap. 

3 years gone from the game Kap really isn't an upgrade over Ryan Tannehill at this point, in my opinion. Meac put it best, that's a long time out of the game, especially for a QB who never was the same once defenses learned how to play against him.

I'm all for Kap getting to play in the NFL because the man deserves it and has been screwed by the system, but this is such a reach of a post.

Nobody is going to have him step in this year. He's surely in shape and has been staying on call, and a full offseason is a good time to acclimate. The answer isn't in the draft for most teams, and just churning out the endless barrage of mediocre free agents who always show up isn't either. A team like Chicago or Tennessee absolutely should take a chance, and if he can't get up to speed by next August then they're exactly where they would have been had they not taken the chance. I think the Teddy Bridgewater comparison is really apt for Kap as well, even though Bridgewater was on a team he essentially didn't play for 3 full seasons. He'll likely be a guy who takes one of the spots that could go to Kap, but there are others out there. And if you're one of those teams and you claim you want to win and don't take a chance on Kap, you're a damn liar. Because, again, the only place failure puts you is right where you are currently.

Defenses figured him out a bit. But more than anything two of the worst NFL head coaches in history, Tomsula and Kelly, tried to mold him into an offensive style that he wasn't really great at. As soon as Greg Roman was gone, and he had Geep Chryst building the offense the wheels started to fall off. Defenses found good ways to contain him, but by them adding more speed around the outside they would expose the middle. Good coaching quickly gets around the kind of scheme that theoretically would contain Vick or contain Kaepernick or contain Wilson. For 2 years the 49ers had anything but that.

• Admin

The NFL will not provide Colin Kaepernick's representatives with a list of executives and coaches who will attend the quarterback's workout Saturday, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Sources earlier Wednesday told ESPN that the NFL had agreed to give the Kaepernick camp a list of attendees. However, an NFL source later told ESPN that the league never promised to provide that list.

Although multiple teams have confirmed that they will attend the workout, none has identified by name who will be going.

Several high-level NFL executives reached out as a courtesy to Kaepernick's representatives to say they couldn't attend and were caught off-guard and confused by the purpose of the NFL scheduling the workout.

The NFL informed its clubs Tuesday that a private workout would be held for Kaepernick on Saturday in Atlanta. It is set to include on-field work and an interview with the quarterback, who has been out of football since 2016, the year he began protesting police brutality and racial injustice by kneeling during the pregame national anthem.

Sources previously told ESPN that Kaepernick and his reps were alerted to the workout at 10 a.m. Tuesday, ahead of a 4 p.m. ET personnel notice the league sent to teams. When notified, the quarterback's reps asked for the workout to be on a Tuesday, which typically is when NFL workouts take place because head coaches and general managers can attend more easily. On Saturday, almost half of the NFL teams will be traveling to games, and most of the rest of the coaches and players will be heading to their team hotels to prepare for games the next day.

But the NFL said the workout had to be on a Saturday, sources previously told ESPN. When the league was asked whether it could be the following Saturday -- by making it this Saturday, the 32 teams had only about three days to decide whether to attend and whom to send -- the NFL said no and didn't provide a reason.

Sources previously told ESPN that the league office also said none of the 32 teams had been made aware of the workout before the memo was sent. When Kaepernick's representatives asked whether a team or teams had asked for the workout, the NFL league office said, "We can't tell you that," the reps explained.

Because of the mystery around the workout and because none of the teams had been informed before Tuesday, Kaepernick's representatives began to question the legitimacy of the workout and the process and wonder whether it was a public-relations stunt by the league, sources previously told ESPN. The representatives asked the league office for a list of personnel executives and coaches who would be attending the workout because GMs and head coaches make personnel decisions, particularly given how important the quarterback position is.

The Kaepernick workout remained a hot topic Wednesday across the league.

Coaches for the Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions, Atlanta Falcons and Tampa Bay Buccaneers said they expected to have a representative at the Falcons' practice facility on Saturday. In addition, John Elway told 9News that the Denver Broncos will be represented, and a Washington Redskins spokesman said that organization would be there. The Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals also plan to be at the workout, sources told ESPN.

Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid, who was the first player to join Kaepernick in taking a knee during the pregame national anthem to protest social injustice while both were with the San Francisco 49ers, said Wednesday that "it feels disingenuous" that the NFL would schedule a workout for the QB on Saturday.

"I'll believe it when I see it," Reid said Wednesday. "At this point, it feels like a PR stunt."

Former Seattle Seahawks defensive lineman Malik McDowell has been sentenced to 11 months in jail and three years of probation after pleading guilty last month to a series of crimes earlier this year in Michigan, court records show.

As part of McDowell's sentencing Wednesday in Oakland County (Michigan) Circuit Court, a judge ordered him to write four essays in the next 90 days.

The 23-year-old McDowell never played a down for Seattle after injuring his head in an ATV accident in July 2017, three months after the Seahawks drafted him 35th overall out of Michigan State. He was arrested in February and charged with assault, resisting arrest and operating a vehicle while intoxicated after an incident in which he fought with two officers after a DUI stop. In April, he was found in possession of a stolen Ford F-150 Raptor, which led to a charge of receiving and concealing stolen property.

McDowell was sentenced to 153 days in jail over the incident with police and his second drunken driving offense, with credit for 66 days served, and another 244 days in jail for the stolen property offense.

According to the Oakland Press, McDowell apologized to his victims and others on Wednesday while vowing to abide by the law going forward.

"I'm doing everything I need to do, seeing all the doctors I need to, working out ... doing everything I can to get back to where I was, back to the NFL," McDowell said, according to the newspaper, and added that he's "very remorseful."

Judge Michael Warren ordered McDowell to write essays ranging from 750 to 1,000 words on finding meaning in life other than committing crimes, the importance of respecting the rule of law, the principles of the Declaration of Independence and how his behavior undermined them, and the importance of respecting property rights.

McDowell was previously sentenced to 12 months of probation stemming from a 2017 drunken driving incident in Royal Oak, Michigan. He was also arrested in December of that year on a disorderly conduct charge stemming from an incident at an Atlanta-area nightclub.

McDowell spent two seasons on the Seahawks' non-football injury list before being waived with an injury designation in March. The team filed a lawsuit against McDowell in May, seeking the repayment of nearly $800,000 in forfeited signing-bonus money.

20 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I hope we sign him

Same. Our team is awful and he probably wont make a difference, but I really want to see how many of the "I'll be done with the Lions!" fucks actually stick to it.

Funny, a lot of them didn't seem to mind the idea of signing somebody like Kareem Hunt.

2 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Same. Our team is awful and he probably wont make a difference, but I really want to see how many of the "I'll be done with the Lions!" fucks actually stick to it.

Funny, a lot of them didn't seem to mind the idea of signing somebody like Kareem Hunt.

For what it's worth there was a "I'm done with the Ravens" group after they kneeled in London that was done with the team until Lamar Jackson went for it on 4th & short in Seattle a few weeks ago and now they're shitting up the fanbase again. It was nice having them gone.

So, basically, they'll be done with the Lions until they are sitting in first place midway through the season.

3 minutes ago, Meacon said:

...so, yeah, look out for that happening. :lol: 

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Ha

I honestly don't care what the Lions do. From a unbiased perspective they should keep going with Jeff Driskell. We're awful, and we would be a terrible situation for Kaepernick to be in. We would basically need him to put the team on his back and win by himself. Obviously not happening so keep developing Driskell and hope you get a competent backup. 

Actually,  Stafford could be out awhile. Wouldn't doubt if we end up with a high 1st rounder and draft a QB (and it will probably be the wrong pick).

23 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Ha

I honestly don't care what the Lions do. From a unbiased perspective they should keep going with Jeff Driskell. We're awful, and we would be a terrible situation for Kaepernick to be in. We would basically need him to put the team on his back and win by himself. Obviously not happening so keep developing Driskell and hope you get a competent backup. 

Actually,  Stafford could be out awhile. Wouldn't doubt if we end up with a high 1st rounder and draft a QB (and it will probably be the wrong pick).

Yeah the QB pool this year isn't great. Burrow looks excellent but he's also coming in with 1 or 2 more years of college experience than most guys. Tua looks great but the injuries scare me away. Herbert is a guy. Like in the right situation he could do well, but a bad team will just destroy him. Fromm and Eason are the same way I feel.

I would absolutely go after BPA if I'm Detroit. I think there's still a window with Stafford if the rest of the organization can get itself right.

Heck of a catch by that random browns tight end!

3 minutes ago, DMN said:

Kaep could get the Steelers into the playoffs, because Mason Rudolph is not a NFL QB.

Speaking of, Baker Mayfield has the crazy eyes of a man who has no idea what he's doing and is in way over his head.

Yeah Pittsburgh this year has looked like an actual decent spot and now especially with Rudolph coming up far short