NFL 2019

Maxx

I just think this whole thing is he doesn't want to play for Oakland and he's trying to get cut and sign somewhere else

And if that is the issue, he's an idiot. Because he's not going to get to wear his old helmet with any NFL team. 

I'd say he'd be more likely to end up suspended or sitting out his contract than getting cut.

*edit* According to NFL Live, he would be in breech of his contract if he won't play. And he might be doing this to avoid playing in the pre-season.

Edited by GhostMachine

I can sort of the understand why he's so attached to the helmet, because apparently its the one he's worn his entire football career, not just in the NFL. But he's not going to win the grievance.

How long before the helmet `mysteriously disappears' if he keeps this going?

He's claiming that the Giants turned down better trade offers to send him to Cleveland, which is a complete load of shit.  They were sending him to wherever they could get the best offer that wasn't Philadelphia, Dallas, or Washington.  The return felt light in the moment but in assessing the going rate for recent NFL trades, they likely couldn't have gotten much more anywhere else.  At the end of the day they still got a first, a third, a promising safety, and an All Pro guard for Beckham and a disappointing pass rusher.  It's not like teams were knocking down the door with multiple first rounders.

And then you have Baker going in on Daniel Jones for no apparent reason.  Yes I hated the pick in the moment, but it's done with and plenty of talent evaluators have since come out to say they think he could have the tools.  We won't know how the pick was until he gets some starts under his belt, hopefully this year.  But Baker going after him because "how could a first round QB not have a winning record in college?"  Really dude, he played at Duke.  You played at Oklahoma with a billion weapons around you.  Going after him for no reason is lame.

Jones was only a first round pick because the Giants chose to draft him the first round. If I remember right, he was projected to be a late second round pick, which is one reason people (me included) laughed at them when they grabbed him.

As for Antonio Brown....good luck to him. Because he's going to lose this grievance as well, and all this bullshit is only going to add to his reputation and hurt him when the Raiders eventually choose to unload his whiney ass.

Apparently the new grievance is because he wasn't given a full actual year (365 days) to find a new helmet. Don't think he tried too hard.....

*edited to add* And  I'm about to the point where I think Jerry Jones should just let Zeke sit out all he wants and not worry about it. Because Tony Pollard is looking like a damn fine replacement. The more Pollard brings it, the wearker Elliot's position.

Edited by GhostMachine

32 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

He's claiming that the Giants turned down better trade offers to send him to Cleveland, which is a complete load of shit.  They were sending him to wherever they could get the best offer that wasn't Philadelphia, Dallas, or Washington.  The return felt light in the moment but in assessing the going rate for recent NFL trades, they likely couldn't have gotten much more anywhere else.  At the end of the day they still got a first, a third, a promising safety, and an All Pro guard for Beckham and a disappointing pass rusher.  It's not like teams were knocking down the door with multiple first rounders.

And then you have Baker going in on Daniel Jones for no apparent reason.  Yes I hated the pick in the moment, but it's done with and plenty of talent evaluators have since come out to say they think he could have the tools.  We won't know how the pick was until he gets some starts under his belt, hopefully this year.  But Baker going after him because "how could a first round QB not have a winning record in college?"  Really dude, he played at Duke.  You played at Oklahoma with a billion weapons around you.  Going after him for no reason is lame.

for what it's worth...

ECbkjsSWsAA428J.png:large

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Well that's good to hear.  Now hopefully Odell can take his QB's lead and stop being a shitgibbon.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1