NFL 2019

Maxx

6 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Or if you're the Lions you buy into the Patriots way bullshit.

The "9 wins isn't enough" BS with firing Caldwell has blown up in that organization's face.

Also, The Patriot Way is that Belichick doesn't groom any of his assistants to be HCs. You want a coaching tree to pluck from? Go with Andy Reid or John Harbaugh.

• Like 2

Only watched today because I’m snowed in.  Jones is exactly as advertised - an Eli carbon copy with extra mobility.  If you get him a line and receivers who can actually get separation, you can win with him.  If you don’t, his gunslinging nature will result in a boatload of INTs.

He is not a QB who makes mediocre players around him better.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

If the Giants lose to Washington this month, they are virtually assured no worse than the #2 pick of the draft.

The only thing keeping them from Chase Young is if the Bengals aren’t in love with Joe Burrow. 

I think if Cincy isn't in love with Burrow they'll find a trade partner who is. 

Aside from the first few drives, I really enjoyed watching the Dolphins today. The trick play of Haack (P) throwing to Sanders (K) on the 4th down for the TD was an an absolute beauty. Also top 'Fins traditions of Wildcat plays and onside kicks meant we barely punted all game, which is a huge change for us.

We just couldn't run against the Eagles for most of the game, but Fitz went 113 passer score with like 400+ passing yards. Gesicki is a really talented young TE and has been brilliant this season. Laird should be given far more snaps than Ballage and played really well as a RB who can catch - he was central to our push in the 3rd/4th quarters. DeVante Parker's catching was ridiculous, especially how he somehow stayed in touch for his first TD of the game. Shows that with a decent coach some of our underachievers can start to show their stuff.

37 points is apparently our biggest score in FOUR SEASONS which is ridiculous but shows how poor we were under Gase. We're playing kids, rejects and quirky misfits but are still starting to look exciting...and that's before our "big" draft year coming up. I'm more excited by this Dolphins team than any in the Tannehill era. We're also doing this with a huge amount of injuries - Preston Williams who was shining as a breakthrough WR, Xavien Howard, Reshad Jones, half of our D and O lines at any one time. Apparently we've used 70 different players this season due to injuries and suchlike.

Really glad that the coach is trying to pick up wins rather than just tanking. It took a few weeks to get going with basically all our bigger names being cleaned out and a new QB unit, but 3-2 over the last 5 weeks with THIS team?! Beautiful.

• Like 1

I forgot how much being a team on the fringe of the playoffs sucks. So much less stressful to not have to give a fuck about these games.

Really trying to figure out how the fuck we (and the Cowboys) lost to this Jets team, seriously, wtf. This also made me realize how the Raiders and Cowboys are flip sides of a coin. Oakland has a great coach and mediocre talent, Dallas has great talent and a mediocre coach. Lions led by donkeys.

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

And it's beautiful. The cockiness of Eagle fans while sporting a 5-6 record only for this to happen. Merry Christmas and God Bless Us, everyone!

Oh there's still plenty of time for Miami to Miami this. 

I honestly don't know why cockiness would happen either. Okay, I do, because most Philly fans are cocky, conceited, douchebags. But a rational fan though. This is a team that's been wholly inconsistent all year, with only one half decent wide receiver and a pretty poor defense.