EWR August 2019 Update

This is coming out WAY later than I wanted. Personal life issues (besides yesterday, my last four days were Hell)... Anywho, so starting with this update I'm looking to release a lite zip and a full zip. The lite zip will be just updated data, pics, logos and banners (new looks, new designs and over all new.) The full zip will be the data and all files I have for pics, logos and banners relevant to the update for that month. NOTE: I am going by any July updates so no TripleMania edits in these files. Yes, I know quite a few workers are missing pics, if any of you can find them, this would help me.

Lite: https://www.mediafire.com/file/besyxt1kgm7foac/August_Lite.zip/file

Full: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ppvlplqz3kimka0/August_Full.zip/file

• Thanks 1

• Lineker featured and pinned this topic
1 hour ago, EWFan2004 said:

Great update as always, though I feel like Impact needs a major staff and wrestler overhaul.

Impact could use a roster stats update. But the Roster itself is perfect as far as I know. 

It is, but a couple of wrestlers like Disco and Sabu. Also, it says that Deaner's redneck gimmick doesn't work because he's Canadian so switch out to Cowboy since it's the same thing?

But the staff needs a major overhaul.

23 hours ago, jmac7164 said:

Impact could use a roster stats update. But the Roster itself is perfect as far as I know. 

As I have said in the last two or so updates, if you have any ideas for stats updates, I'm willing to do them. I can't if I don't have any idea of what needs to be fixed.

22 hours ago, EWFan2004 said:

It is, but a couple of wrestlers like Disco and Sabu. Also, it says that Deaner's redneck gimmick doesn't work because he's Canadian so switch out to Cowboy since it's the same thing?

I am looking for staff to be my major fix this month. I'm not looking to add that many wrestlers this update.

17 hours ago, mkpunk said:

As I have said in the last two or so updates, if you have any ideas for stats updates, I'm willing to do them. I can't if I don't have any idea of what needs to be fixed.

I am looking for staff to be my major fix this month. I'm not looking to add that many wrestlers this update.

Sorry It was more of a talking point rather then a critique. If I can find some time Ill do up a stats update along with balance out the rest of the Alpha-1 Roster, And tag the alpha-1 teams, stables and Belts. 

21 hours ago, mkpunk said:

Being that there are more and more active or semi active wrestler producers (Billy Gunn, Chris Sabin, D'Lo Brown, Gail Kim, Glenn Gilbertti, Jimmy Jacobs, Mike Quackenbush, Pat Buck, etc.) I'm debating what to exactly do with said workers whether I should delete them as workers and add as staff and un do it as needed or what. I'll leave this open.

FYI, out of these I know Jacobs and Quacks regularly wrestle so they are staying in the game for now.

4 hours ago, jmac7164 said:

Sorry It was more of a talking point rather then a critique. If I can find some time Ill do up a stats update along with balance out the rest of the Alpha-1 Roster, And tag the alpha-1 teams, stables and Belts. 

That's fine. I'm more than fine to do that. As much as it is my update with the work I put in, it is your's for suggestions and what could go in.

Add Timothy Thatcher to MLW as a midcard face. Set his gimmick on all contracts to No Gimmick Needed.

Remove Ace Romero from MLW.

Remove Dan Moloney from WWE, he was pretty much just an extra on NXT UK & crapped on doing jobs there on twitter so I doubt he gets used again.

Change Bray Wyatt's second finisher to Mandible Claw (Submission)

Change Darby Allin's finishers to Coffin Drop (Top Rope) & Last Supper (Ground)

Change Marq Quen's finishers to 450 Splash (Top Rope) & Shooting Star Press (Top Rope)

Change Jake Atlas' finishers to LGB-DDT (Corner) for both slots

Change Anthony Henry's finishers to Diving Double Stomp (Top Rope) & Ankle Lock (Submission)

Change Arturo Ruas' finishers to Kneebar (Submission) & Spinning Heel Kick (Impact)

Change Austin Theory's first finisher to Ataxia (Impact)

Change Harlem Bravado's first finisher to Straight Cash Homie (Impact)

Change Josh Brigg's second finisher to M-6 (Impact)

Change Leon Ruff's first finisher to Ruff Ride (Impact)

Birth info stuff

Spoiler

Ace Romero's birth info should be May & 29

Hikaru Shida's birth info should be 31

Isiah Kassidy's birth info should be July & 22

Kip Sabian's birth info should be May & 27

Marq Quen's birth info should be April, I think he is either 36 or 37 based on when he started wrestling

Nyla Rose's birth info should be August & 32

Orange Cassidy's birth info should be May & 35

Sadie Gibbs birth info should be March & 27

Cousin Jake's birth info should be July & 27

Melissa Santos' birth info should be May & 35

Adam Brooks' birth info should be April & 28

Air Wolf's birth info should be September & turning 20 this update

Jacob Fatu's birth info should be March & 29

Jordan Oliver's birth info should be June & 20

Kotto Brazil's birth info should be March & 26

Mance Warner's birth info should be October

Richard Holliday's birth info should be November & 26

Jake Atlas' birth info should be October & 23

Robbie Eagles' birth info should be February

Leon Ruff's birth info should be April & 23

Elliot Sexton's birth info should be February

Humbert Carrillo's birth info should be October

Ilja Dragunov's birth info should be October

Jessie Kamea's birth info should be October & 30

Karen Q's birth info should be January & 28

Malcolm Bivens' birth info should be November & 34

Nick Ogarelli's birth info should be April & 27

Primate's birth info should be September & 34

Renee Michelles' birth info should be August & 33

Wild Boar's birth info should be October & 29

Just as a thought, maybe figuring out a number for people in NXT wages wise that is the default for people in NXT would be something to look at. Wages as a whole probably need an overhaul with the way money is being thrown around now that AEW is around & WWE is giving people more to keep them away from there. Guys like Ricochet are making $15000 in game right now & that seems like a number that hasn't been changed in a while, nevermind accounting that he signed with WWE & is already on the main roster.

Edited by DoubleJ13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In regards to the wages conversation, they’re not as realistic as they can be for sure, but based on “reports” of what some of the workers make, its not feasible to make them as such.

There’s a list on this article you can use as a general idea but you have to remember to divide it into a monthly sum. For example, Lesnar reportedly makes $12MIL a year so in EWR he should realistically be given a $1MIL wage or the $500,000 per appearance.

On the flip side, Liv Morgan was getting about $80K a year so she’d have to be getting  roughly $6,500 per month.

• Thanks 1

Great stuff! Solely my opinion:

-Raise 2 Cold Scorpio's overness to 54.
-Check SS Look and Fonz Factor for Dezmond Xavier.
-Check SS Look for Trey Miguel. Raise his overness to 44.
-Check SS Look for Zachary Wentz.
-Check Menacing for Josh Alexander.
-Raise Kiera Hogan's overness to 43.
-Raise Jessicka Havok's overness to 52.
-Check Highspots for Santana.
-Raise Rhino's over to 68.
-Raise Jake Crist's speed to 74.
-Raise James Mitchell's charisma to 88. Check Menacing.
-Raise Taya Valkyrie's brawl to 59 and stiffness to 54.
-Raise Gringo Loco's speed to 84.
-Check Menacing for Josef Samael.
-Check Menacing and Fonz Factor for L.A. Park. Raise his speed to 51 and overness to 69.
-Check SS Look for Rey Wagner. Raise his overness to 68.
-Check Menacing for Nick Gage.
-Raise Kyle The Beast's overness to 30. Check High Spots. Rename to KTB.
-Raise Marko Stunt's overness to 44.
-Check Fonz Factor for Ophidian.
-Raise Orange Cassidy's speed to 87, charisma to 81, and overness to 49.
-Raise Timothy Thatcher's brawl to 74. Check Shooting Ability.
-Make Royce Isaacs a heavyweight. Change his age to 30 and birth month to February. Raise his brawl to 64, speed to 43, technical to 59, selling to 66, and charisma to 73. Check Shooting Ability and Fonz Factor. 
-Check SS Look for Jorel Nelson and raise his charisma to 63.
-Raise Brian Johnson's brawl to 63, speed to 39, technical to 65, selling to 74, and charisma to 66. Check SS Look and Trainer.
-Check Trainer for Grizzly Redwood.
-Raise Penelope Ford's overness to 44 and wages to 10k.
-Check Menacing for Brian Malonas and raise his overness to 34.
-Raise Delirious' brawl to 61, technical to 76, and charisma to 84.
-Raise Jonathan Gresham's technical to 88.
-Check Menacing for Ken Dixon and raise his brawl to 56.
-Raise Sumie Sakai's brawl to 65 and technical to 72. Check Trainer and Shooting Ability.
-Check Superstar Look for Will Ferrara.
-Check SS Look for Blank. Raise his brawl to 69, technical to 53, stiffness to 61, selling to 76, overness to 34, and charisma to 76.
-Raise Green Ant's overness to 32 and charisma to 58.
-Check High Spots for Eric Ryan.
-Raise Josh Barnett's overness to 64. Uncheck SS Look, Check Menacing.
-Raise Minoru Suzuki's wages to 40k.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nickwatic said:

I'm not the only one that thinks women are severely underrated in these massive mods for both EWR and TEW right

What should their stats be? I have this conversation several time in the last month/month and a half in regards to stats of any wrestler male or female being "underrated". See Double J or Smart Mark for stat updates.

7 hours ago, Rocky Champ Champ said:

In regards to the wages conversation, they’re not as realistic as they can be for sure, but based on “reports” of what some of the workers make, its not feasible to make them as such.

There’s a list on this article you can use as a general idea but you have to remember to divide it into a monthly sum. For example, Lesnar reportedly makes $12MIL a year so in EWR he should realistically be given a $1MIL wage or the $500,000 per appearance.

On the flip side, Liv Morgan was getting about $80K a year so she’d have to be getting  roughly $6,500 per month.

The wages are always a sticking point as game mechanics hurt the "realism" of wages. Indy talent make $10k per appearance and often Jack up their asking price at the beginning of the second month in game yet NXTers make $15k per month and are just as over. Wages are likely the hardest thing to work with in game.

Also does anyone know Shibata's status?

Edited by mkpunk

The wages is one of the things in game that is impossible to try to keep realistic. In that situation you just have to sacrifice the whole idea of realism to me & just try to find the best middle ground possible. Like most random reasonably known indie guys in the game I would stick at 25000, 15000 depending on how new they are which is already killing any chance of realistic wages.

Best you can do at that point is try to scale things like I personally set NXT deals at 65000, ROH exclusive guys 55000, MLW people at 35000. Impact & AEW people are all over the place. Once someone gets called up I bump their deal up to 75000 & most lower card guys in WWE I top out at 85000 up to 105000 depending on how long they've been around.

Feels like the numbers need to be something high enough though that it would make sense for people to sign written deals.

NXT - 65000, then you start scaling up once they get called up to the main roster

AEW - 55000-75000, with exceptions like Cody, Bucks, Omega, Jericho, & Moxley getting more

ROH - 55000, with exceptions like Lethal & the Briscoes getting more

Impact - 35000-55000 generally, with exceptions like RVD for example getting more

MLW - 35000, with exceptions like Aries, Low Ki, LA Park, Hart, & Bulldog Jr getting 45000

Most known indie guys at 15000-25000 based on how new or known they are

3 hours ago, DoubleJ13 said:

The wages is one of the things in game that is impossible to try to keep realistic. In that situation you just have to sacrifice the whole idea of realism to me & just try to find the best middle ground possible. Like most random reasonably known indie guys in the game I would stick at 25000, 15000 depending on how new they are which is already killing any chance of realistic wages.

Best you can do at that point is try to scale things like I personally set NXT deals at 65000, ROH exclusive guys 55000, MLW people at 35000. Impact & AEW people are all over the place. Once someone gets called up I bump their deal up to 75000 & most lower card guys in WWE I top out at 85000 up to 105000 depending on how long they've been around.

Feels like the numbers need to be something high enough though that it would make sense for people to sign written deals.

NXT - 65000, then you start scaling up once they get called up to the main roster

AEW - 55000-75000, with exceptions like Cody, Bucks, Omega, Jericho, & Moxley getting more

ROH - 55000, with exceptions like Lethal & the Briscoes getting more

Impact - 35000-55000 generally, with exceptions like RVD for example getting more

MLW - 35000, with exceptions like Aries, Low Ki, LA Park, Hart, & Bulldog Jr getting 45000

Most known indie guys at 15000-25000 based on how new or known they are

The problem is the money in game for these promotions too. You can easily run an IMPACT, MLW or ROH out of business with those wages. Especially since they run TV AND monthly shows under typically open contracts meaning they are pay per appearance rather than per month.

Edited by mkpunk

Please can someone give me a guide on how to paste the latest update correctly. Or any recent update

I try and paste the data (august 2019) but I still get the original game file created from 2003

Whilst having Tajiri as your top heel is fun, I would like to play a more recent version!

I'm sure there's something simple that I'm not understanding but I'm not computer savvy or a massive gamer!

Any replies are massively appreciated!

19 hours ago, SmartMark490 said:

Great stuff! Solely my opinion:

-Raise 2 Cold Scorpio's overness to 54.
-Check SS Look and Fonz Factor for Dezmond Xavier.
-Check SS Look for Trey Miguel. Raise his overness to 44.
-Check SS Look for Zachary Wentz.
-Check Menacing for Josh Alexander.
-Raise Kiera Hogan's overness to 43.
-Raise Jessicka Havok's overness to 52.
-Check Highspots for Santana.
-Raise Rhino's over to 68.
-Raise Jake Crist's speed to 74.
-Raise James Mitchell's charisma to 88. Check Menacing.
-Raise Taya Valkyrie's brawl to 59 and stiffness to 54.
-Raise Gringo Loco's speed to 84.
-Check Menacing for Josef Samael.
-Check Menacing and Fonz Factor for L.A. Park. Raise his speed to 51 and overness to 69.
-Check SS Look for Rey Wagner. Raise his overness to 68.
-Check Menacing for Nick Gage.
-Raise Kyle The Beast's overness to 30. Check High Spots. Rename to KTB.
-Raise Marko Stunt's overness to 44.
-Check Fonz Factor for Ophidian.
-Raise Orange Cassidy's speed to 87, charisma to 81, and overness to 49.
-Raise Timothy Thatcher's brawl to 74. Check Shooting Ability.
-Make Royce Isaacs a heavyweight. Change his age to 30 and birth month to February. Raise his brawl to 64, speed to 43, technical to 59, selling to 66, and charisma to 73. Check Shooting Ability and Fonz Factor. 
-Check SS Look for Jorel Nelson and raise his charisma to 63.
-Raise Brian Johnson's brawl to 63, speed to 39, technical to 65, selling to 74, and charisma to 66. Check SS Look and Trainer.
-Check Trainer for Grizzly Redwood.
-Raise Penelope Ford's overness to 44 and wages to 10k.
-Check Menacing for Brian Malonas and raise his overness to 34.
-Raise Delirious' brawl to 61, technical to 76, and charisma to 84.
-Raise Jonathan Gresham's technical to 88.
-Check Menacing for Ken Dixon and raise his brawl to 56.
-Raise Sumie Sakai's brawl to 65 and technical to 72. Check Trainer and Shooting Ability.
-Check Superstar Look for Will Ferrara.
-Check SS Look for Blank. Raise his brawl to 69, technical to 53, stiffness to 61, selling to 76, overness to 34, and charisma to 76.
-Raise Green Ant's overness to 32 and charisma to 58.
-Check High Spots for Eric Ryan.
-Raise Josh Barnett's overness to 64. Uncheck SS Look, Check Menacing.
-Raise Minoru Suzuki's wages to 40k.

I fixed most of these that said I did not do the fonz factor because that is supposed to be the coolest of the cool. That and L.A. Parkas much as I love him even today, the guy don't look cool in the outfit with a dad bod while he has two sons looking similar and a long time impersonator... Similarly at one point Father James Mitchell would have looked menacing, now he looks like your scary uncle you only see on holidays. And I do love Mitchell mind you.

I removed the Fonz Factor and didn't add superstar look for Dr. Wagner Jr./Rey Wagner since he don't look cool nor like a star anymore.

I also made a few overness boosts based off of your suggestions namely Thief Ant and Zack Wentz. Also some like Blank and KTB I did a little more.

Also i upped Gresham to 91 in technical rather than 88. He is one of the elite level grapplers today.

2 hours ago, calosu92 said:

Please can someone give me a guide on how to paste the latest update correctly. Or any recent update

I try and paste the data (august 2019) but I still get the original game file created from 2003

Whilst having Tajiri as your top heel is fun, I would like to play a more recent version!

I'm sure there's something simple that I'm not understanding but I'm not computer savvy or a massive gamer!

Any replies are massively appreciated!

Which folder are you trying to copy the data into? It should go into the DATA folder in the EWR folder and not into any save folders. Also are you clicking "Yes to all" when you copy/paste?

Edited by mkpunk

On 06/08/2019 at 17:59, mkpunk said:

Being that there are more and more active or semi active wrestler producers (Billy Gunn, Chris Sabin, D'Lo Brown, Gail Kim, Glenn Gilbertti, Jimmy Jacobs, Mike Quackenbush, Pat Buck, etc.) I'm debating what to exactly do with said workers whether I should delete them as workers and add as staff and un do it as needed or what. I'll leave this open.

I'am looking for some input in this. I am also debating about Shibata being added back in or not.

On 04/08/2019 at 21:42, EWFan2004 said:

If I do not make Disco/Gilberti staff, he is staying in IMPACT due to him being an agent. IMPACT currently has D-Lo Brown and Gail Kim as agents but still workers in the game...

Pat Buck - Staff, got signed by WWE

Billy Gunn - Staff, can't imagine he'll do much beyond random battle royal type appearances once AEW really gets going

Chris Sabin - Worker, think he's been injured & is doing the other stuff until he's healthy

D'Lo Brown - ???, I would personally go with staff since best I can tell he's done 7 appearences since 2019 started for companies not in the data

Gail Kim - Staff, has only worked 2 matches since the end of 2017

Glenn Gilbertti - ???, same with D'Lo, he's made a couple more shows but his Impact stuff looks done since May

Jimmy Jacobs - Worker, still a regular for AAW & was used as a manager in Impact for a while

Mike Quackenbush - Worker, can be used better under worker since he can work, be used as an authority figure, announcer, & booker

Would hold off on Shibata since according to Meltzer they were extremly cautious with him during that angle & nobody believes he'll ever be cleared again to actually work a match beyond Bret Hart vs Vince levels where he really doesn't do much.

Remove the NJPW touring commitments for Davey Boy Smith Jr., Jon Anderson (hasn't wrestled since Nov. 2016), Kazushi Sakuraba (hasn't wrestled since July 2017), & Rob Conway.

Add a NJPW touring commitment for El Phantasmo.

Change Sho to SHO, just so it matches style wise with YOH

• Thanks 1

Jeff Parker is now Chase Parker

Matt Lee is now Matt Martel

Finisher Changes

Spoiler

Change Bronson Reed's finishers to Monsta Splash (Top Rope) & Brainbuster (Impact)

Change Damian Priest's finishers to Reckoning (Impact) & South of Heaven (Impact)

Change Elliot Sexton's finishers to Sex Bomb (Corner) & Lunch Cutter (Impact)

Change Eric Bugenhagen's finishers to Pumphandle Slam (Impact)

Change Mia Yim's finishers to Protect Yo' Neck (Impact) & Seoul Food (Impact)

Change Tony Nese's finishers to Sunset Driver (Impact) & Running Kneese (Corner)

Change Humberto Carrillo's finishers to Corkscrew Splash (Top Rope) & Headstand Moonsault (Corner)

Change Cameron Grimes' first finisher to Driving Double Stomp (Impact)

Change Jordan Myles' first finisher to Midnight Star (Top Rope)

Change Roderick Strong's first finisher to End of Heartache (Impact)

Change Adam Cole's second finisher to Panama Sunrise (Corner)

Change Danny Burch's second finisher to Crossface (Submission)

Change Dominik Dijakovic's second finisher to Tazmission (Submission)

Change Lacey Evans' second finisher to Step Up Moonsault (Corner)

Change Pete Dunne's second finisher to Triangle Finger Break (Submission)

Change Primate's second finisher to Rear Naked Choke (Submission)

Change Kofi Kingston's second finisher to S.O.S. (Impact)

Change Peter Avalon's second finisher to Single Leg Boston Crab (Submission)

Staff Changes

Spoiler

Lyle C Williams recently passed away & can be removed

Add Dixie Carter to Impact, she still owns 5% of the promotion but has no control of decision making. Make her unsackable & remove booker

Don Callis should be unsackable

Rename Christie Heeme to Christy Heeme, remove her from Impact. Seems she has left wrestling all together after becoming a mother, so maybe just remove her overall

Remove Robert Flores from Impact, don't know if he should be in the game either as I don't know if he did more than a 1 off for Impact

Remove Dutch Mantell from Impact

Add Andrew Thomas, Bill Behrens (switch from road agent to production), Dan Burgess, Kevin Sullivan (switch from road agent to production) to Impact

Change Bob Ryder from road agent to production

Add Brian Hebner & Kevin Eck to ROH

Add Jonny Loquasto to WWE

Add Tom Prichard to MLW (switch from trainer to road agent)