Games you've attended

VerbalPuke

John Stockton breaking the all time steals record, I was really too young to remember much, outside of them stopping the game for a bit and getting a certificate saying I was there.

I was there for one of Karl Malone's scoring accomplishments. Don't remember if it was his 30,000th point or when he passed Wilt on the all-time list.

One of the most emotional games I've been to was the first Jazz home game after Larry H. Miller passed away.

I was at the game where former MLB 2nd baseman Luis Castillo hit his first home run, for the Marlins. (He only hit 28 his entire career) Unfortunately, it was versus the Reds, who I was for. I knew going in the Reds were going to lose, because they were using a garbage starter, while the Marlins had Kevin Brown on the mound. This was in 1996, and the Marlins won the World Series the next year. (Final score was 3-1, by the way)

The only NFL game I've ever been to was an exhibition game at Neyland Stadium, when Heath Shuler was the Redskins' QB. They played the Oilers. My father is a Redskins fan, and I was for the Oilers because they were one of my favorite AFC teams, and I hate Washington. Funny thing is, I don't even remember who won!

2003 Tri-Nations/Bledisloe Cup match 2. Watched the All Blacks defeat the Wallabies to regain the Bledisloe Cup in Auckland. The crowd was insane for it. They had a third match in Sydney but it didn't mean anything. and tonight, in the same stadium we will have the same result, though I won't be in attendance.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Had a season ticket at Tottenham for years now. So I've been lucky enough to be regularly let down and disappointed on a regular basis.

YID ARMY

• Thanks 1

December 23, 1995: Detroit Lions at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This was my first NFL game, and the only reason I really got to see it was because my dad was a Lions fan. They got their ass totally kicked by Detroit, 37-10. The only real notable thing about this was that it was then-Head Coach Sam Wyche's last game with the team (he would be replaced by Tony Dungy the next season). We left sometime in the fourth quarter :shifty: . 

February 11, 1996: New York Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning

First, and thus far only NHL game, the Lightning got their ass kicked 6-2 😕 . Nothing notable except that the game was played at the Thunderdome, today popularly known as Tropicanna Field (yeah, the Lightning played hockey there originally :shifty: )

December 28, 1997: Detroit Lions at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Lions-Bucs 2, Electric Boogaloo! Except this time, it was not only the last NFL game being played at Houlihan's Stadium (Formerly Tampa Stadium), it was an NFC Wild Card game, the first Bucs playoff game since 1982.  It was a Christmas present from my dad, and this time around the Bucs came out on top. I saw future Hall of Famers Barry Sanders, Derrick Brooks and Warren Sapp (not to mention Tony Dungy), as well as other Bucs mainstays Mike Alstott, Warrick Dunn and Trent Dilfer. 

April 23, 1999: Seattle Mariners at Tampa Bay Devil Rays

First MLB game....well, it's the '99 Rays, they won (somehow :shifty: ) and yeah....on the plus side I got to see Edgar Martinez, Ken Griffey Jr, Jay Buhner, Jose Canseco, Fred McGriff and Wade Boggs play. Rays won the game. Notable for watching Griffey bean Raymond, the Devil Rays mascot, and also for a hilarious incident involving a foul ball. See, the Trop had, at the time, an Outback Steakhouse kiosk, and my brother got a Bloomin' Onion. WELL, he happened to get it just as Edgar Martinez was up to bat, smacking a foul ball right at us. We watched the ball, looked at the food...yeah. It missed, but still. 

April 11, 2004: Baltimore Orioles at Tampa Bay Devil Rays

For a few years, we'd watch baesball on Easter Sunday and wonder just what kind of an asshole went to a ball game on Easter. SO THERE WE WERE AT THE BALL GAME ON EASTER SUNDAY...

Rays won 10-1. Notable players for the Rays was Carl Crawford and Tino Martinez, while the Orilioles had Javy Lopez, Miguel Tejada and Rafael Palmerio. 

That's it :shifty: 

• Like 1

Oh also, I've seen the Texas Rangers at the Ballpark in Arlington a few times. I think two or three. I'm glad I got to see Pudge play.

Season ticket holder at the Orient from about 15 to 28 years old until I moved out of London. Been to a few away games, most notably Oxford away when we got promoted. That was a very good day. Been to three play off finals at three different venues in two countries (Old Wembley, Millenium Stadium and New Wembley) and seen us lose three times.

Saw a youth international at the old Highbury ground, I think it was England u17's vs Brazil u17's or something.

Seen a couple of ice hockey matches back in London, just the local team but it was a bit of fun. 

Saw West Ham Youths defeat Coventry Youths 6-0 in the second leg of the Youth Cup Final in 1999. This was mainly notable because it was a team that included Michael Carrick and Joe Cole amongst others.

First Fulham game I went to was a 2-0 loss to Everton, but it also confirmed that we had qualified for Europe, so that was cool.

The sport I've seen the most live is probably Ice Hockey. Used to have a local team called the Romford Raiders who I watched every weekend.

The best sporting event I've witnessed in person was the cycling in the velodrome at the London Olympics. Team GB's Joanna Rowsell, Dani King and Laura Trott won the gold medal in the Women's Team Pursuit, breaking the world record in both the semi-finals and the final. The atmosphere was absolutely fantastic.

What really capped things off, though, was when they started playing Hey Jude on the speaker system after the race. The crowd was singing along, but then the big screen camera spotted Paul McCartney in the crowd. He stood up and started singing along himself, with Stella McCartney looking embarrassed next to him. It really was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

• Like 2

I've been to or worked at hundreds of cricket games and never seen anything particularly special, other than an England/Australia ODI at Bristol in 2005 where Collingwood took an incredible catch and Pietersen won us the game with 3 wickets remaining. His last six went right over my head yet somehow the Sky camera missed me <_<.

Here's the catch:

There are a few games that really stick out in my mind as the best I’ve attended. All Arsenal, of course. 

First, the win at Highbury against Everton in 1998 when we sealed the league title. I will never forget seeing Tony Adams burst through, scoring that goal and standing with his arms out in front of us in the North Bank. 

Another would be when we beat Leicester on the final day of the 2003/04 season when we completed the league season unbeaten. 

I was lucky enough to be at the game where Peyton Manning broke the touchdown record. Sitting 12 rows back along the goal line he threw over. It was the most overwhelming experience of noise i've ever encountered.

On that same trip through the US I, after 13 years of being an Avalanche fan, watched a game at the Pepsi Center. I teared up as I approached the venue.

I also watched a Knicks home opener at MSG. Obviously the Knicks have been meh to bad for a long time but that was still a special moment.

- Happened to be lucky enough to play on the SCG as a schoolboy during lunch of the 5th Ashes test in 2003 (The famous Steve Waugh last ball century test, but was there a day or two before that) to this day I still vividly remember playing directly in front of the Barmy Army and being mercifully heckled for being a ginger. 

- Drove down from Brisbane to Sydney in 2015 for the Asian Cup Final with some mates and was sitting behind the wrong set of goals for all 3 of the goals when we best South Korea in extra time, Atmosphere was electric and was part of history so can't complain too much. 

- Was back in Sydney the following year to see the first ever College Football game in Australia with Cal beating Hawaii, Atmosphere wasn't as good but got to experience a D1 football game live and the cannons were a good novelty. 

- Plenty of other State level cricket, Aussie Rules, Basketball & Rugby games attended but nothing all that notable other than those. 

2 hours ago, Chris2Kay said:

I've been to or worked at hundreds of cricket games and never seen anything particularly special, other than an England/Australia ODI at Bristol in 2005 where Collingwood took an incredible catch and Pietersen won us the game with 3 wickets remaining. His last six went right over my head yet somehow the Sky camera missed me <_<.

Here's the catch:

I caught this ball.

• Haha 1

Wales 2-1 Italy, from the Euro 2004 qualifying campaign when Wales made it to the playoffs.

Wales 2-0 Andorra, the last game of the Euro 2016 qualifying. Wales had already secured qualification, so it was just a celebration if anything.

Wales 2-1 Slovakia, in Bordeaux for Euro 2016, Wales' first match in a tournament in 50 years. Amazing atmosphere, it felt like a home game, don't know why I paid for a seat because we were all stood up the whole match. There may have been slight tears during the national anthem.

Mexico 0-0 Wales, in the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles, this was a World Cup 2018 warm up match (obviously Wales didn't qualify), and not a lot happened, but it was a good holiday.

Cardiff 1-2 Chelsea, from earlier this year, when Chelsea where absolutely shit, only Hazard was decent when he came on, they didn't deserve to win, and Cardiff got completely fucked over when two players were at least 5 yards offside for one of their goals. That essentially relegated Cardiff.

And countless other Wales home matches and Cardiff City home matches.

Edited by New Damage
  • Like 1

Landmark-wise:

• Swansea winning promotion to the Championship at Gillingham.
  • Swansea winning the Championship Play-Off Final against Reading.
  • Swansea winning the League Cup against Bradford.
  • Wales against Austria where Ben Woodburn scored a banger, moments after a spontaneous national anthem rendition ended.
  • Ryan Giggs' last Wales game, ending a hallowed international career *checks notes* of fuck all.