Football Manager 2020

Lineker

You should have enough players to have two players capable of playing in every position at the required level. I aim for around 21-23, depending on how adaptable some players are.

I'm tempted to get this just so I can try and replicate Bruceball in all it's tedious glory. Five at the back, two CDMs, two defensive wingers set to dribble more, one target man, deep defensive line, deep line of engagement, no pressing, long balls and try to win free kicks and set pieces.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/02/2020 at 16:58, Adam said:

Moving swiftly past the fact that that monstrosity is apparently roaming around my home town...

This is £16.99 on CDKeys at the moment, is there a catch?

I normally dip into a new FM every few years but really struggled to get into the last few. Could do with a football fix though and since Windows 10 won't run my favourite old FM games that I've still got lying around, I may have to turn back to present day. Are there any big differences in the gameplay between now and say, 3/4 years ago?

Which one/s are you after? I managed to get FM05 running with a cracked copy after the physical version I bought wouldn't run.

35 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Which one/s are you after? I managed to get FM05 running with a cracked copy after the physical version I bought wouldn't run.

Yeah it was FM05 too, after I'd cocked up a CM 01/02 install on my own.

I'm still tempted to get the new one but genuinely think I'd prefer going back to some of the mega old ones. It's a shame cos I've a draw full of them and it seems they all fall in the time period where Windows 10 doesn't run them.

CM 01/02 should run fine. I've been using DAEMON Tools Lite as my .iso player for a few years which runs the free legal download of 01/02 perfectly. I can PM you about the FM05 crack if you'd like. In theory the same practice works for all of them and if you already have the discs then technically you're just re-claiming access to it :shifty:

2 hours ago, Naitch said:

CM 01/02 should run fine. I've been using DAEMON Tools Lite as my .iso player for a few years which runs the free legal download of 01/02 perfectly. I can PM you about the FM05 crack if you'd like. In theory the same practice works for all of them and if you already have the discs then technically you're just re-claiming access to it :shifty:

Yeah I messed up my CM 01/02 file myself applying a patch. I wouldn't have even turned to FM05 if I hadn't done that :lol:. But it seems I messed up 01/02 for good, either the disc (which was my original disc owned for 18 years) or any ability to run it on this laptop, which is my only working machine.

I'm going to have a look at the retail prices for FM20 tomorrow when I go to town, if I take the plunge on that then problem solved.

It is, but I'd want to double check that my disc is the issue and not the .exe file on the laptop itself before downloading the entire game off the freeware site. I just haven't gotten round to doing that yet.

Plus when I used the free download a few years ago I had some hiccups with the virtual disc drive that caused some other problems. I've had no luck with this whole thing!

I'll probably come back in here tomorrow and just say that I bit the bullet and got FM20. Will have to see what mood I'm in.

@Gazz what was the country you played in where you were a Club's B squad and you won your league but you couldn't get promoted because of some rule where you couldn't be in the same league as your club's A squad? I'm currently playing in Russia, but after a few seasons I want to go and try some of the more whackier leagues.

2023/24 season over: finished 15th in the Championship with Reading (they were 22nd when I joined in January).

The board's objectives for me are: Mid-table next season (so basically the same)...then get promoted to the Premier League the season after that. This feels like a dramatic leap. But, hey! Maybe they'll be giving me money to invest!

£1.7 million.

...Kay. ¬_¬

P.S. I have Enzo Zidane in my team and Good God if he isn't a massive disappointment to his father's legacy.

Oh, and in other news, Liverpool won the quadruple (domestic treble and Europa League). Of course they did.

Team meetings are dumb. Up into League One with Alfreton and expect to get blown out of the water but was never anywhere near the relegation zone. Lowest I got was 14th after 8 games but managed to spend most of the last third around the promotion spots, managing to scrape into 6th spot before narrowly going out in the semis. Figured I'd be able to give an inspiring speech about pushing on next season but literally every option was about avoiding relegation but all of my squad thinks I'm being too ambitious. We were 30 points above the relegation area!

Hopefully the game gives me a nice reputation boost over the summer because it still treats me like a minnow. Maybe the league position and cup runs will help. Got to the semis of the tin pot cup after knocking out the U23s of Newcastle, Man U and Man City before falling to Wigan. Managed to knock out Derby in round 3 of the FA cup before making the unwise decision to take the game to Liverpool in the next round and got spanked 5-1 for my troubles. At least noted Bourne alumni Fidel O'Rourke managed to score against his old club with a nice jumping volley ahead of VVD.

EDIT: Oh good, the youth facility upgrades the board have been pumping money into all year have been cancelled at the last minute due to lack of funds. According to my finances they've spent 1.4m this season and I haven't got any of it back now, will they at least be able to pick up from where it left off when I ask next or are they gonna spend all that money again?

• Like 1

On 29/02/2020 at 19:56, King Ellis said:

Team meetings are dumb. Up into League One with Alfreton and expect to get blown out of the water but was never anywhere near the relegation zone. Lowest I got was 14th after 8 games but managed to spend most of the last third around the promotion spots, managing to scrape into 6th spot before narrowly going out in the semis. Figured I'd be able to give an inspiring speech about pushing on next season but literally every option was about avoiding relegation but all of my squad thinks I'm being too ambitious. We were 30 points above the relegation area!

Hopefully the game gives me a nice reputation boost over the summer because it still treats me like a minnow. Maybe the league position and cup runs will help. Got to the semis of the tin pot cup after knocking out the U23s of Newcastle, Man U and Man City before falling to Wigan. Managed to knock out Derby in round 3 of the FA cup before making the unwise decision to take the game to Liverpool in the next round and got spanked 5-1 for my troubles. At least noted Bourne alumni Fidel O'Rourke managed to score against his old club with a nice jumping volley ahead of VVD.

EDIT: Oh good, the youth facility upgrades the board have been pumping money into all year have been cancelled at the last minute due to lack of funds. According to my finances they've spent 1.4m this season and I haven't got any of it back now, will they at least be able to pick up from where it left off when I ask next or are they gonna spend all that money again?

I've always hated the team talks and however it decides 'where' your players think they should finished.

In 2019's game with Coventry, I finished 6th in the League but won the League cup (team was expected to finish mid table), team talk new season and everyone is upset I want to push for promotion

2020 Season we win the Championship and go out in the knockout stage of Euro Cup II. 1st season in prem fight bravely against relegation. Alright lads I think we can do that. EVERYONE gets upset. Eventually finish mid table. 2022 and 2nd Season in Prem 'We should fight bravely against relegation'...boo hiss your being to ambitious....'bitch please!'

To be fair, shooting right at the keeper's hands 32 times in a row is pretty remarkable accuracy.

Players are so stupid sometimes. I'm in my second season at Newcastle and I have 3 right backs; Nathaniel Clyne (signed on a free), Yedlin and Krafth in order of preference. I got a Europa League spot after finishing in 7th. With the 3 of them, I had no intention of playing Clyne in the Europa League as it would be used to rest him and I wouldn't be carrying 3 right backs in the squad, so I left him out and selected the other two. No harm as Clyne wouldn't be playing the groups anyway, under any circumstances . No big deal?

Wrong. Clyne loses his shit and doesn't listen to reason. Cue Clyne being unhappy literally 3/4 of the squad "supporting him" and playing like the bunch of moany arseholes that they are. This after he's literally in the door. I've had a shit start to the season as a result and I'm also knocked out of the Europa League with a game to spare. My team is stacked this season too, so it's incredibly annoying. They've only just gotten over it and started playing again.

So I wanted to try and play 3-4-3 for a change. I though lets try it with United and so far so good? won the first 5 games and won 6-0 and 7-1 against Leicester and villa. Bought Coman for 35 million who's doing great, Rashford is amazing, Pogba is long gone and I'm slowly fitting Aouar next to Fernandes. Hopefully next season I can upgrade one of my centerbacks and get more depth up front!