Football Manager 2020

Lineker

There’s nothing like winning the Vanarama North (thanks to loans from the bigger clubs) in your second full season, thinking you’re hot shit and take a job in Russia, only to get your dick pushed in every match. Boris, and Ivan, and Sergei just won’t play for me the same way the Brits did. Is language barrier really a thing in this game? Because it sure seems like it.

There's no way to send yourself on a language course, is there? Like, pre-emptively, as opposed to just jumping in the deep end upon accepting a job.

As for team talks: I've always found it best to completely ignore how well you've actually done that season and base your expectations on what the board think you'll achieve next year.

The best thing to base expectations on is the predicted finish table, as that's based on your club's reputation as is the players expectations.

Is there a way to stop a player on a hat-trick automatically taking a pen? I was 2-0 up against Sheffield United from a bizarre Sean Longstaff brace and won a pen just before half time. 3-0 would have killed the game off completely but Longstaff of course took it and hit the the shittest penalty I've ever seen.

I think there's a box to tick if you want a player on a brace to take a penalty but they might take it if there isn't an assigned penalty taker.

And also in my experience, a small notification saying "X will take the penalty" comes up with an option to change the taker but it's flawed as it shows up for 1/2 a second for me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TCO said:

Is there a way to stop a player on a hat-trick automatically taking a pen? I was 2-0 up against Sheffield United from a bizarre Sean Longstaff brace and won a pen just before half time. 3-0 would have killed the game off completely but Longstaff of course took it and hit the the shittest penalty I've ever seen.

Go to penalties on the tactics screen and it should be a check box down the bottom.

• Thanks 1

Leicester got surprisingly relegated in my first season. It's interesting to see just how gutted their team was after it, very few stuck around. They're pissing the Championship anyway so should be back immeidately. Funny thing was they came in for Almiron straight after I bought Maddison, saved me having to flog him!

image.png

How come it's only ever when I'm considering selling a midfielder that he turns around and says "btw I'm really good actually"? It happened with Ahmed Mirza at Orient, who was on the cusp of being replaced before revealing himself to actually be the best player in the team by a country mile. Now, at Reading, Rui Moreira has magically transformed into a set piece magician. Where the fuck was this guy last season? <_< 

Oh well. Honestly I'm more annoyed that my new striker Kouiroukidis scored 4 goals in the first 3 matches then got injured for 2 months. Not least because I've decided his name is pronounced like 'crocodiles' and was amusing myself by singing CAN'T STOP THE CROC when he scored. Turns out a back injury can, in fact, stop him. :( 

Just now, stokeriño said:

forest.png

Slightly taken aback by this formation Forest have put out. Is that a 4-6-0? A 4-2-4-0? A 4-2-4 that's slipped a bit?

I love that it is a positive mentality formation...with no strikers...and two DMs.