Football Manager 2020

Lineker

On 14/10/2019 at 21:05, Liam Mk2 said:

Game will be out of date only a little over a month post-release. 

I’m really quite surprised at the release dates getting later and later. I’m sure they used to come out a few weeks after the season started.

it's because of brexit

I've started as Manchester United as per usual for my first game. So far it seems the board steps in more than previous games.

Out:-
Nemanja Matic to Leicester for 14.5M
Ashley Young to Al-Ahli for 3.6M
Anthony Elanga to Sheffield United for 375K with a buyback clause
Phil Jones on loan to Brighton at 300K/month plus an optional fee of 18M
Marcos Rojo on loan to Wolves plus an optional fee of 10.5M (board rejected a transfer bid lower than this)
Angel Gomes on loan to Stoke
James Garner on loan to Cardiff
Brandon Williams on loan to Bolton
Tahith Chong on loan to Hearts
Dylan Levitt on loan to Burton Albion
Diogo Dalot on loan to Newcastle

In:-
Moussa Dembele from Lyon for 21.5M
Douglas Costa from Juventus for 59M
Valon Berisha from Lazio for 8.5M
Juninho Bacuna from Huddersfield for 8M + loaned back for the season
Fabio Coentrao for free after impressing on trial and needing backup at left back with Young leaving and Brandon Williams out on loan

Sticking to a fairly stock standard attacking Gegenpress 4-2-3-1 Wide / balanced Gegenpress 4-1-2-3 Wide

Goalkeeper (Defend):- De Gea / Romero / Grant
Right Wing Back (Attack):- Wan-Bissaka / Fosu-Mensah / Laird
Ball Playing Defender (Cover):- Lindelof / Tuanzebe
Ball Playing Defender (Defend): - Maguire / Bailly
Left Wing Back (Support):- Shaw / Coentrao
Centre Midfield Right - Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend):- McTominay / Fred
Centre Midfield Left - Mezalla (Support):- Pogba / Berisha
Right Wing - Inverted Winger (Attack):- Douglas Costa / Lingard
Central Attacking Midfield - Advance Playmaker (Support):- Mata / Andreas
Left Wing - Inside Forward (Attack):- Rashford / James
Striker - Advance Forward (Attack):- Martial / Dembele / Greenwood

Fred has BWM as his weakest of all possible roles in MC but I'm trying to train him up, so for now he is second fiddle to McTominay. If I switch to having a DM Fred goes back there and the midfield three is Pogba / McTominay / Fred.

Kind of followed the game's advice in loaning out players as it seems to promise better development than past years (but we'll see).

Fosu-Mensah starts injured so Laird is the backup at RB at the moment and Fosu-Mensah, Lingard and Andreas will be used in multiple positions as needed.

Brought Berisha in as there was nobody to play as a mezzala when Pogba's rested (Fred technically could do it but I want him trained up as a BWM or shipped out and replaced.

Have 8.15M transfer money left (started with 100M) and around 100K wages, in January will probably look at another central defender.

And hope to God that Smalling, Jones, Sanchez and Rojo are all bought by their loaning clubs. If I get a sufficient offer for Martial I'll probably let him go, too, even though he's performing fine, I would like the money.

Edited by RazorsEdge
typo

12 hours ago, Mad Jack stans Wiccan said:

Hmm. Face pack and kits work, logos currently not.

I've got face pack & logos working, not been worried about kits yet.

I'm using the metallic logo pack and they're working fine. https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos

EDIT: One thing I still hate. When you have press interviews. "Why isn't David De Gea playing today?" Because it is a cup tie and Romero plays those you twats!

Edited by RazorsEdge

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 13.19.19.png

So Marco Asensio is 'available'. This seems like a good enough deal to try and break the bank and get him doesn't it? I have £10m I hope to come in imminently selling Victor Camarasa so the £30m up front should be no bother. Hate spending big fees usually but this seems like too good an opportunity to pass up doesn't it while he's transfer listed?

It seems as though the majority of FM website have had to take down facepacks/logos as they have been threatened with legal action in regards to copywright's / trademarks etc. So if you have logos from a previous version, do your best not to delete them. 

Obviously this doesn't apply to @Arjen Robben as he seems to be some sort of heathen that plays without them anyway...