Football Manager 2020

Lineker

I got the super hard brexit. The new work permit rules state that any foreign players must earn at least £8,000 per week. Yeah, I'm managing in the Welsh leagues, that isn't happening anytime soon!

77FCE213FCD4E806BAE98597E40B29E61DFF00AA

56 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I got the super hard brexit. The new work permit rules state that any foreign players must earn at least £8,000 per week. Yeah, I'm managing in the Welsh leagues, that isn't happening anytime soon!

77FCE213FCD4E806BAE98597E40B29E61DFF00AA

You're lucky you can play. Most people are experiencing the game crashing after matches since the most recent update.

9 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Feel like FM has absolutely stitched me up here.

Pissing about adding Tom Hanks as a manager profile on a network game.

What I expected to see in-game from the initially face model I got:

S4QAT3g.png

What I actually got:

VM1Z8I4.png

Fuming.

Looks more like Andy from Toy Story. 

It's Tom Hanks playing Mark Zuckerberg in 'The Social Network II: U OK, Hun? Inbox me'.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

You're lucky you can play. Most people are experiencing the game crashing after matches since the most recent update.

I've heard this. You're right, I'm lucky, I've had no issues (touch wood).

Just now, Nelson said:

I've heard this. You're right, I'm lucky, I've had no issues (touch wood).

Yeah very lucky. People are getting crashes after all kinds of things (some people can't even progress a day) but most common is after matches. Would be super if SI updated people on it or at least rolled back the update to the previous version so people can play 😕

23 hours ago, Nelson said:

I like that the news item felt the need to include a "yes, even the Irish" note.

2 minutes ago, RazorsEdge said:

Yeah very lucky. People are getting crashes after all kinds of things (some people can't even progress a day) but most common is after matches. Would be super if SI updated people on it or at least rolled back the update to the previous version so people can play 😕

That is really poor from SI. Thoughts and prayers with all those effected. You could manually delete the update file (the previous update file will still be in there) and switch off your WIFI before you load the game?

1 minute ago, stokeristmas said:

I like that the news item felt the need to include a "yes, even the Irish" note.

I thought that too. Looks like according to my game,  the Tories won the election and we left on no deal. It makes the save interesting but I'm still annoyed because this is my 2nd save since I got the game and on the first, brexit was cancelled.

5 hours ago, Nelson said:

That is really poor from SI. Thoughts and prayers with all those effected. You could manually delete the update file (the previous update file will still be in there) and switch off your WIFI before you load the game?

Eh, I don't mind waiting for a fix. It is still really bizarre. I can't recall anything like this happening in previous FM versions, at least not to this extent and definitely not after a supposed stability update.

On 03/12/2019 at 19:04, Arjen Robben said:

Feel like FM has absolutely stitched me up here.

Pissing about adding Tom Hanks as a manager profile on a network game.

What I expected to see in-game from the initially face model I got:

S4QAT3g.png

What I actually got:

VM1Z8I4.png

Looks more like Andy from Toy Story. 

You've got a nightmare in me
You've got a nightmare in me
I'm a lumpy abomination head
My bones ache when I smile
I am proof that God is dead
My life is agony just put a gun to my head
Boy, you've got a nightmare in me
Yeah, you've got a nightmare in me....

Is anyone else like me on this game where if you manage in the lower league you always choose a team where it feels like it one day won't sound out of place in the Premier League (or any other top division)? Like I can't do long term saves with teams like Macclesfield, Kidderminster, Accrington, Yeovil etc cause they just sound like they are meant to be lower league teams. But I'll happily add about 20 leagues down and be Winchester City or something cause it doesn't feel like it'd look out of place? Am I weird?

I'm asking this cause I'm managing in the Spanish third division as Internacional de Madrid solely because I like the name Inter and being based in Madrid one day hopefully turning them in to giants, as opposed to like... Rayo Majadahonda. 

Screenshot 2019-12-08 at 03.19.08.png

Board really allowing me to make the most out of that request to upgrade the scouting range there...

• Like 1

On this network game I've been playing with a few others, managing Spurs (as Hanks, as above) and I feel so uninhibited just going mental with money in a way I don't in my single player games knowing it'll probably just fizzle out.

Signed

• Nelson Semedo for £40m
  • Federico Bernardeschi on loan with an option to buy for £40m
  • Florentino Luis for £57m
  • Ruben Dias for £52m
  • Dominik Szoboszlai for £13m
  • Houssem Aouar for £52m
  • Erling Haaland for £27m

Sold

• Toby Alderweireld for £25m
  • Christian Eriksen for £70m
  • Victor Wanyam for £8m
  • Moussa Sissoko for £22m

Erling Haaland just an entirely unnecessary signing which I think was me just mad with power briefly after signing Aouar.

Amusingly, when I tried to sell Sissoko initially, Beijing Guo'an came in with an offer of £15m which was lower than what I was after but I just thought fuck it cause I wanted to fund the Aouar deal. That got blocked by the board who said the lowest they would accept selling him for would be £20m, so I offered him out with a non-negotiable fee of £20m, and for some reason Beijing Guo'an came back with a non-negotiable offer of £22m. A great bunch of lads.

Anyway, I started the season with a 1-0 win over West Ham where we had virtually no real impact on it happening. Aimless cross in from Danny Rose, and for some reason Cresswell on the stretch knocked it back across his own six yard lard where his centre back just bundled it over the line. In short, we were no good and I will smash the stadium up if all those signings do not win me everything there is to win.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing as Chelsea on FM09. Unbeaten in all competitions except for a League Cup fourth round loss on penalties to Liverpool, but 3rd behind Man Utd and Arsenal due to multiple draws.

Possibly due to numerous first-team injuries, it was still a goalless draw against 11th place Sunderland going into the final 10mins only for Nyron Nosworthy to concede a penalty by tripping up Kalou. The commentary said that the whole Sunderland team started protesting furiously, during which Anton Ferdinand picked up a yellow card which will see him face a one-match ban and Teemu Tainio getting a straight red for kicking Malouda!

Thankfully, Super Frank converted from the penalty spot.

I find the face importing for the game to be so hit and miss lol, ive got a great ron burgundy and michael scott but others I tried before settling on them have been waaaaaayyy off

22 hours ago, metalman said:

why don't you go and post that in the FM 2009 thread? I'm trying to read about FM 2020 and that post is really annoying me.

I considered it but that thread would be from before I joined the forum, which is like forever ago.