Football Manager 2020

Lineker

Is there any particular reason why your scouts/coaches rate your own players better than they actually are?

My current game (now into the 3rd season with Coventry) I sold Dominic Hyam to Fleetwood for like £400k, reasonable amount but he's only a 3 star player. However he was rated as the 3rd best centre-back in my team at the time (I moved him on as I needed funds for the rest of the squad).

When i look at his profile now, my scouts only rate him at maybe the low 40's for his ability and not even in the top 5 defenders at the club. (I've only added one new defender since he left)

Edited by SquareRootOfSi

1 hour ago, Arjen Robben said:

Haha, I thought that too actually. Although I've just looked in my manager relationships tab and see that under journalists, old Timothee Mora is the only one in the red with me, described as "distant".

dude seems a little devious pressing you so may times. Maybe its for the best you keep your distance....

Start of the third season. It was Riqui Puig after having him on loan for a season and a half. I actually find it quite hard to do much with budgets like £64m, cause it means I aim a bit higher with who I want to sign, but invariably when I go after players valued at about £30m with it, the clubs want about £60m and I'm just like... well, no. And then I dunno who to sign cause I don't feel like having to pay £40m for players valued at about £15-20m either.

I currently have £49m left after signing Puig, and I kinda want to sign Ruben Neves from Wolves because they've been relegated, but he's still valued at £32m and doesn't seem to have kicked up a fuss so £49m doesn't seem like it'd be enough. 

Although having said that, after writing that I just bid his value to see what they'd negotiate to and it was exactly £49m.

YiL9xXG.png

It's almost like they somehow know my budget and just went "yes, all of that". Still don't want to pay it? Hate paying big fees in FM so much for some reason :lol: Needs to be a network game where I feel like there's no consequences cause it'll fizzle out ASAP for me to just go mad spending money.

53 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Start of the third season. It was Riqui Puig after having him on loan for a season and a half. I actually find it quite hard to do much with budgets like £64m, cause it means I aim a bit higher with who I want to sign, but invariably when I go after players valued at about £30m with it, the clubs want about £60m and I'm just like... well, no. And then I dunno who to sign cause I don't feel like having to pay £40m for players valued at about £15-20m either.

I currently have £49m left after signing Puig, and I kinda want to sign Ruben Neves from Wolves because they've been relegated, but he's still valued at £32m and doesn't seem to have kicked up a fuss so £49m doesn't seem like it'd be enough. 

Although having said that, after writing that I just bid his value to see what they'd negotiate to and it was exactly £49m.

Completely agree. I often refuse to pay big transfer fees because god knows the computer rarely comes in for my players with HUGE offers.

For the 1st time at the start of my 3rd season with Coventry I asked the board to step in and handle a transfer, they paid 5m (the optional future fee amount) and sorted the guys contract out so I didn't have to worry about upsetting them. Was nice cause if they do that, it doesn't count towards your transfer budget until its gone through. Slipped Hiroki Abe in for £1.5m just before they signed everything off and my transfer budget went bye bye.

I think the value system in FM has always been a little 'off', though maybe I just don't understand how it works fully. I had a defender 'valued' at £3.5m but any club that came in for him would bid only about £1.5m. Not to mention the 4 1/2* youngster I accidentally offered out for transfer (who then wouldn't sign a new contract with me) only attracted bids of £100k and when I go in for youngsters 'worse' than him they want MILLIONS

Yeah, I've never understand why you always have to pay obscene amounts, about x10 a players value, but rarely get other teams coming in agreeing to similar offers with you. Most of the time they offer less than the players value and make it non-negotiable and it's like... why would I accept this?

I had Crystal Palace come in trying to sign one of my U19's the other day, and because I'm familiar with playing as Boro and the players we have, I know he has no potential so didn't care. Valued at £40k and on like £700 a week, they bid £30k and wanted me to pay £325 of his wages. Crystal Palace.

Honestly didn't know what to make of that. Can't be fucked financially cause I negotiated it to £40k without the wage thing and they agreed immediately. In my head I rationalised it as them/the game wanting to get one over on me.

In other news, £22m for Guendouzi would be okay wouldn't it? Can't be arsed with the £49m for Neves but £22m I'd do, and he's currently transfer listed because he won't sign a new deal. 

1WLwXzR.png

6qwSqmX.png

I have no experience with playing Guendouzi on any FM so I dunno if he gets better than this or if this is his ceiling. No idea if he'd even want to sign for me anyway tbh, plus Benfica are currently in for him.

Not to be annoying, spamming the thread as I am at the moment, but...

5YbFupX.png

...what the fuck? What has happened here. Is news archived anywhere in game where I can find out why Milan released him, if he refused to sign a new deal or something?

And why has he only got one single team only giving him a trial? I've seen it happen a few times with Oblak being transfer listed cause he wouldn't sign a new deal but he usually has teams offering him contracts as early as February. Donnarumma just being let go and only getting a trial at Leverkusen is weird.