Football Manager 2020

Lineker

Started a new game last night with Liverpool (1st time with a 'big name' club in fm20)

Planning a 'Britball' game where I'm only allowed to signed British Players (likely an issue when Brexit happens in game I guess). The plan for Non-British players is to sell them in the last year of their contract rather than look to release or get rid of them asap.

It'd be self sabotage I just dropped Salah, Firmino, Mane...Alison..Van Dijk....oh shit thats a lot of players. I'm look to try and do a transition to Brit Players.,

Any suggestions on Talent to keep an eye out for? Excluding people like Sancho etc.

• Eddie Nkeitah? Had him in my Cov save in Fm19 and he was smashing 1-2 goal per game in my 4th season.
Edited by SquareRootOfSi

11 minutes ago, SquareRootOfSi said:

Started a new game last night with Liverpool (1st time with a 'big name' club in fm20)

Planning a 'Britball' game where I'm only allowed to signed British Players (likely an issue when Brexit happens in game I guess). The plan for Non-British players is to sell them in the last year of their contract rather than look to release or get rid of them asap.

It'd be self sabotage I just dropped Salah, Firmino, Mane...Alison..Van Dijk....oh shit thats a lot of players. I'm look to try and do a transition to Brit Players.,

Any suggestions on Talent to keep an eye out for? Excluding people like Sancho etc.

• Eddie Nkeitah? Had him in my Cov save in Fm19 and he was smashing 1-2 goal per game in my 4th season.

Nketiah is good.

Jude Bellingham from Birmingham is 16 and generally develops well. Ben Wilmot is good. When I had my Leicester save the good English performers were Maddison, Chilwell, Gray, Choudhury, Barnes. Jake Cooper from Millwall and Connor Goldson from Rangers are capable defenders. Karamoko Dembele from Celtic is a 16 year old right winger. Chelsea and Arsenal's English players generally develop well.

• Like 1

I downloaded the demo of FM2020, and barely got 10 minutes in before a) the classic "EURRRRGHHH" of pre-season drudge hit me, and b) all the dark purple killed my eyes. I decided at that point that this was (yet another) one of FM that I'm skipping.

...But since then I've been watching lollujo's "Non-League to Legend" series on YouTube, and GOD DAMN IT WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF

So yeah, may buy the actual game tonight, just for the sake of starting a new game with Brackley Town. We'll see how stupid I am. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stokeriño said:

...But since then I've been watching lollujo's "Non-League to Legend" series on YouTube, and GOD DAMN IT WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF

Well this is a rabbit hole I'm not coming back from. <_< 

• Admin
On 07/01/2020 at 12:07, Lineker said:

Also - I'm finally back into a save! As Nottingham Forest!

This has been a weird save. Playing slowly, still in the first season. I've stumbled upon something tactically, as I am 11 points clear at the top of the league and won the Carabao Cup.

• Like 1

Having been out of the loop with FM for a few years, I have to ask: Is controlling your team's Training something that normal people engage with yet, or is it still a mystical art reserved only for the criminally insane?

• Like 1