The 2020 Fantasy Puck Symphosium Thingy

SeanDMan

The 2020 Fantasy Puck Symphosium Thingy  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is John Tavares still scum?

• Yes
    • Absolutely yes
  2. 2. Has Mitch Marner signed an offer sheet yet?

• No
    • No and stop asking
  3. 3. Should we eliminate the tight end position?

• Yes
    • ...I mean this isn't a real question since hockey never had a tight end position anyway.
  4. 4. Should we implement category scoring?

• Yes (...and this is why)
    • No (...and this is why)
    • I don't know enough to have an opinion
    • I thought scoring already was a category
  5. 5. How do you want to draft?

• Ongoing Draft On The Board! (which we probably don't have time for ~_~)
    • Live Draft (which nobody will probably come to)
    • Live Draft where everybody sends lists

So it's (probably even past) time to start thinking about fantasy hockey.

Couple of questions for you fine folks and, of course, sign ups if you want to play. We gotta throw this thing together sort of fast but that's okay, all the ladies say I am one of the fastest men around.

So let's do.

Board draft, we have time, even if it means starting a week late again.  Long season.  Live draft would be great, but I can’t see everyone being around at the same time

Category scoring means defensemen and especially goalies have way more value.  With the point scoring last year it was difficult to make defensemen worthwhile without making forwards just that much more valuable.  Goalies were like kickers, bit never bringing good value to teams.

Category scoring solves all that, it allows defensemen and especially goalies to bring just as much value to a team as forwards.  It’s the best way to run leagues for sports that play for months on end, every day.

Also need to change that weird waiver thing where you would pick someone up in a Tuesday, claim would process on a Wednesday and they would t actually be able to be used on your team until the next Monday.

Daily lineups doesn't work for me. It's one thing to have bench spots and IR spots for fantasy football because you have 2-3 days where you have games. The NHL has games 7 days a week, I don't have time to go in and swap people in and out every day. I want this league to be a casual thing where we can kind of set it and forget it. I'm not saying daily lineups is bad or not fun, but it's not the kind of fun I want.

If you guys really want to do it that's okay, I just won't run (or join) a league that requires that sort of commitment.

That said, I'd be open to exploring the way waivers work.

That's waivers. The issue I have was what Gabriel suggested last year where players dropped and added inactives, so if a guy didn't have games on Wednesday,  you drop him and add him back before his game on Thursday.  Thats way too gamey for me. There has to be an inbetween compromise I would think.

3 minutes ago, SeanDMan said:

That's waivers. The issue I have was what Gabriel suggested last year where players dropped and added inactives, so if a guy didn't have games on Wednesday,  you drop him and add him back before his game on Thursday.  Thats way too gamey for me. There has to be an inbetween compromise I would think.

In my one serious pay league I used to be in we limited transactions to 2-4 per week to stop that sort of gamesmanship. You could still pick a guy up on a Sunday if you had an open transaction but you couldn't cycle cycle cycle thru guys thru the week.

So who else wants in?

So far we have:

1. Me
2. Maxx
3. Hatfield
4. Lowerdeck
5. Crab Person

6. Ruki

Should we tag everyone from last year?

Edited by SeanDMan

On 06/09/2018 at 04:30, Slogger said:

On 06/09/2018 at 07:20, Maxx said:

On 06/09/2018 at 09:25, caucasianheat said:

On 06/09/2018 at 09:55, Malenko said:

On 06/09/2018 at 17:33, Ruki said:

On 07/09/2018 at 09:08, Lowerdeck said:

On 08/09/2018 at 08:12, Gabriel said:

On 08/09/2018 at 09:42, damsher hatfield said:

On 10/09/2018 at 06:20, JMarushin said:

Hey guys! Fantasy puck again?

Also, yes, category scoring! And I do like being able to make mid-week adjustments due to injuries and stuff. There were weeks where I went without a player in a position because of an early week injury. The 'start active player' button really is amazing. What I do is on Sunday night I go from Monday to Sunday, clicking that button. And then every few days checking to make sure nobody is injured or suspended for being doing a Brad Marchand. 

• Like 1

I am in.

Category scoring is good. The daily/weekly lineups thing... I think we should just expand our rosters to 4 LW, 4 C, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G and have no bench spots. I would also limit waiver movement if we can. Maybe one or two per week?

With no bench spots, you don't have to go in every day and set a lineup... but you're not screwed by having to wait if one of your players gets hurt on Monday and your roster movement doesn't take effect until the next week.

• Like 2