The Emirates FA Cup 2019/20

Lineker

Slightly makes a mockery of the "we can't change anything now, it wouldn't be a level playing field" argument I've seen some make.

Same as the League Cup last season mind other than I think that was just in TV games? It was certainly more selective.

A hard fought away draw against superior opposition. Looking forward to the money spinning home replay.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

We were supposed to be signing Adam Idah on loan on Monday...could have done without him bagging a hat trick for Norwich today.

Fun fact, he grew up 15 mins away from where I did! He'd be a cracking signing for League 1, big lad who can hold it up, has a turn of pace and can finish. Surprised he didn't get his chance for Norwich sooner, he's a very good player. Could still see him moving.

He's been picked ahead of Parrott and Obafemi at U21 level and forced Connolly into playing out of position. That's how good he's been!

Surely a good opportunity for us to finally end the Anfield hoodoo today.

Yes, it is a weakened Liverpool side but they will still be dangerous I'm sure. Six senior players, Minamino included, plus some top young players. Phillips has had some game time in the Bundesliga this season, Williams is highly rated and Chirivella has had a few outings. So it won't be easy at all. But I'm a lot more confident than I was a month ago, put it that way.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Surely a good opportunity for us to finally end the Anfield hoodoo today.

Yes, it is a weakened Liverpool side but they will still be dangerous I'm sure. Six senior players, Minamino included, plus some top young players. Phillips has had some game time in the Bundesliga this season, Williams is highly rated and Chirivella has had a few outings. So it won't be easy at all. But I'm a lot more confident than I was a month ago, put it that way.

Agreed, realistically if a more or less full strength Everton side spurred on by new manager bounce can't beat a weakened Liverpool side, we stand no real hope any time soon.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I've said it before, but our FA Cup kit is wonderful.

Given football kit-makers/clubs love of money and how every American sport has at least one classic jersey rolled out every year, I'm somewhat amazed it hasn't filtered into football in a big way yet.

I know this is hardly the most accurate measure of how much a team is taking a match seriously, but the if you add up the squad numbers for Everton's starting 11 it's 125, meanwhile Liverpool's is 403.