The Outer Worlds

Ruki

So! This game from the creators of New Vegas just came out! How's everyone liking it so far? I've only played 3-4 hours and I love it. The writing is similar to New Vegas, my favorite part so far is when you get a book for the Vicar...

And then he goes into a tirade about it being in French, which he cannot read!

But the first town is super cool, seeing how it's owned by a corporation and how it affects everyones day to day is awesome. 

And because of course, I'm building a sneaky, charming character who can talk my way out of problems.

My only real criticism thus far is that two weapons I found (shotgun and grenade launcher) lack that visual/audio 'oomph'. It's just kinda there. And the shotgun is weak as shit (and that's after I fixed it!)

Deffo going to be downloading this on Game Pass, all the reviews still to be trending towards it being good. Probably will have a look at it next week, need to finish off my playthrough of Bloodstained first.

I know you guys are obviously still early on but does it seem linear in terms of the storyline stuff? Just, with Fallout 4 having all the multiple factions I never really focused on finishing it with one.

12 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Deffo going to be downloading this on Game Pass, all the reviews still to be trending towards it being good. Probably will have a look at it next week, need to finish off my playthrough of Bloodstained first.

I know you guys are obviously still early on but does it seem linear in terms of the storyline stuff? Just, with Fallout 4 having all the multiple factions I never really focused on finishing it with one.

So far it's early, but I'm still on the first planet where I've seen the first town and the deserters encampment. So far it's linear, but the main quest I'm on now does seem like I'll have a choice to make that will change the way things are on the planet. 

7 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Is it single player or can you have borderlands type groups of multi players?

Single player only. 

It is so refreshing to have a Fallout-like game in which you can actually role-play and your attribute choices actually matter outside of combat.

And I'm thinking about hooking my PS4 up with my PC monitor and play that way to make the text easier to read.

Edited by Hellraiser

I fucking adore this game. I set my region to New Zealand last night just to get a chance to start it right after work and I played for six or so hours. There is so much personality it isn't even funny.

Also it took like 2 seconds to make a character who doesn't look like they've lived through a fire or two.

My biggest gripe is that the talk button also whips out your gun. Feels like it's a mistake waiting to happen.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, apsham said:

I fucking adore this game. I set my region to New Zealand last night just to get a chance to start it right after work and I played for six or so hours. There is so much personality it isn't even funny.

Also it took like 2 seconds to make a character who doesn't look like they've lived through a fire or two.

My biggest gripe is that the talk button also whips out your gun. Feels like it's a mistake waiting to happen.

I may have accidentally beat an innocent deserter to death with a cattle prod. Nobody got mad though.