The Outer Worlds

Ruki

1 hour ago, RPS said:

Not a personal knock on you, just more adding to discussion - but I always found it interesting that games like the Outer Worlds that are very critical of capitalism were seen as heavy handed, but pro-gun/pro-Nationalistic sentiments are rarely seen as heavy handed. Like, no one would call Call of Duty heavy handed. 

I would say that COD is VERY heavy handed. Like that's one of the things that I would say most about it, especially the most recent one. It's less about the message and more about the way that it's handled ("GEEZ THESE GUYS SURE ARE BAD, HUH?") but I think a part of that in Outer World is an attempt at humor that didn't really ring with me.

@Ruki It's hard to say thinking back - you have another big portion to go and then the ending portion. I kind of sped through the next one and I don't even know what my options were there besides the thing that I did (went very, very anti-Board) and from there. There were two whole moon/planets/whatevers that I didn't even see and don't know how I would, I find that interesting.

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

I think I'm nearing the end of the game? I'm level 25, just finished everything on Monarch...

Reveal hidden contents

@apsham, how much more do I have out of curiosity?

Also, I've learned that the best way to deal with enemies is my plasma LMG... just mows everything down. But it's not as satisfying as a stealthy headshot. 

I did the opposite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

I think I'm nearing the end of the game? I'm level 25, just finished everything on Monarch...

Hide contents

Killing the Iconoclast leader and then doing the negotiations was fun!

@apsham, how much more do I have out of curiosity?

Also, I've learned that the best way to deal with enemies is my plasma LMG... just mows everything down. But it's not as satisfying as a stealthy headshot. 

You’ve still got quite a bit to go, especially if you like to do all the side quests.

I finished the game yesterday and I didn’t want it to end, such a good game! I think I’ll do a murderous playthrough next.

• Like 1

There is an item dupe glitch which is OP as fuck...

Annnnnnd done. Good game! I can't wait to see what Obsidian does next. 

Finding the logs on the Hope was really cool. I like seeing stuff like that. Reminded me of finding datapads of the scientists in Horizon Zero Dawn.

...in the credits it has the staff's D&D characters. Amazing.

And it looks like I finished everything up in 23 hours or so. I feel like that was the majority of quests. Pretty much everything I came across! I was max level shortly after starting the last level. 

• Like 1

I finished this after 5 days, and was a little disappointed because I was expecting the next big open world RPG. But in the end, I really enjoyed it.

Spoiler

Monarch and Terra 2  are huge and in-depth and took me ages.

But when it came to Byzantium, I basically ran through it using my charm to get past everything. Missed a side mission or two (The Model and the 'Retirement' Homes) and then got turned completely hostile on Byzantium by refusing to kill everyone in Edgewater.

Still though. Loved this game and it felt like the first game in a great game series, that they used to setup the universe and give you a good grounding on what it is/what it can be, and hopefully its sequel will be the RPG we were all expecting.

• Like 1

Sequel will probably be XBox exclusive since Obsidian was purchased by Microsoft

RE: The Hope

Spoiler

I moved the Hope next to Phynius' lab. How much of the game would I have to go from here on? And by doing it I noticed the board missions have gone, which is fine, because fuck the board, but have I missed a big chunk of game?

9 hours ago, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Hide contents

I moved the Hope next to Phynius' lab. How much of the game would I have to go from here on? And by doing it I noticed the board missions have gone, which is fine, because fuck the board, but have I missed a big chunk of game?

You got one more area to go, with only one mission to do. Probably 60-90 minutes

I don't think you've missed a big chunk of the game? But I could be wrong. Who knows how far the board stuff goes. 

• Like 1

On 09/11/2019 at 17:24, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Reveal hidden contents

On 10/11/2019 at 02:49, Ruki said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think you've missed a big chunk of the game? But I could be wrong. Who knows how far the board stuff goes. 

I went the Board route

There is only 1 mission.  IT probably varies depending on how you handled Emerald Vale plots.  I routed the power to the Botanical Lab, so for the Board mission I had to "get rid of" the people of Edgewater.  You do get the option of going to the power station and using robots to do it, then you have to kill the robots.

After that the next mission was to go to The Hope and decide if I was going to move it to where The Board wanted, or to where Dr. Wells wanted

So yea, think the only difference is 1 more mission 

• Like 1