Snowpiercer leaves Netflix tonight

K

If you've not seen it and you're stuck for something to watch, I definitely recommend it. Years after a global catastrophe, what remains of society is restricted to a single train that circumnavigates the globe, and a strict class system keeps humanity divided with the wealthy at one end and everyone else at the other.

Great concept, cool fight scenes. A pro watch.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I've had it on my list for ages to watch and never got round to it, and tonight is now one of the few nights I can't just sit and watch something :(

I recommend following @NewOnNetflixUK on Twitter for this kind of thing, it gives you a little heads up when stuff is leaving.

As for snowpiercer, I think it's £3.50 to buy on prime.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Benjamin said:

The crazy part is it's not even close to Bong's best film. The Host is also on Netflix, as I think is Parasite? 

Okja, which isn't my favorite movie from him, is also on it!

I think okja is the only one left. As far as I know that's a Netflix joint do shouldn't be going anywhere soon

Really enjoyed Snowpiercer. It's a shame it never got the proper cinema release it could have had - I remember it's release being delayed here (right issues?) and I don't think it ever made it to the cinema in the end. 

38 minutes ago, DFF said:

Really enjoyed Snowpiercer. It's a shame it never got the proper cinema release it could have had - I remember it's release being delayed here (right issues?) and I don't think it ever made it to the cinema in the end. 

I think Netflix was it's first proper release in the UK. All the DVDs and what have you were imports.

Netflix is co producing a snowpiercer TV series due for 2020. It's a 'reboot' of the premise

Well now I just feel like you made us watch an advert for a series you may be (but probably aren't) involved in...

I watched it and really enjoyed it, and can't really understand how I'd never heard of it with such a good cast, though the release issues maybe explain it. Didn't see any issues with the CGI, there wasn't much of it and what was there didn't detract from the film.

Spoiler

That 10-15 spell where they kill off local hero Jamie Bell, John Hurt and Octavia Spencer (and also Dogtanian) was pretty grim. Don't see many films where literally all the name actors are dead at the end.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2019 at 03:04, Benjamin said:

The crazy part is it's not even close to Bong's best film. The Host is also on Netflix, as I think is Parasite? 

Okja, which isn't my favorite movie from him, is also on it!

Second the love for The Host. It's bloody mental and beautiful and horrifying all at once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skummy said:

It's now on Amazon Prime in the UK.

Figures, I bought it when this first came up and just watched it last night :facepalm:

It was really good though, definitely worth it.