MLB 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Meacon Keaton

17 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

And there's the impact signing they needed. So, Ryu, Anderson, Roark, Shoemaker and Borucki/Thornton are the rotation as of today. Much improved over last season, though it would have been fantastic if they kept Stroman.

Jays are still in on David Price as well, but there are now other teams involved, so the cost could be too great. Still though, Ryu, Price, Anderson, Roark and Shoemaker to start the season would be lovely.

Now we've got a decent amount of guys starting in Buffalo who are on the verge of being major league guys and/or have major league experience... plus Nate Pearson is this year's Vlad Jr.

I imagine they were only talking to the Red Sox about Price to drive the cost down on Ryu. Can't imagine they also trade for Price now. 

Ryu, Keuchel and Bumgarner all have pretty reasonable contracts. Ryu has been great when healthy and if he stays healthy is a solid top arm for Toronto to have on hand as the young players develop. The wild card might already be in reach for them with all the AL teams who have no plan to compete this year.

10 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Ryu, Keuchel and Bumgarner all have pretty reasonable contracts. Ryu has been great when healthy and if he stays healthy is a solid top arm for Toronto to have on hand as the young players develop. The wild card might already be in reach for them with all the AL teams who have no plan to compete this year.

That's kind of sad when your team has to wait till the others just don't want to compete in order to have a chance :( 

1 hour ago, NakaFORKY Plaza said:

That's kind of sad when your team has to wait till the others just don't want to compete in order to have a chance :( 

I mean outside the AL West the competition is basically New York, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, maybe the ChiSox, and I'd expect Boston to bounce back a little even with reduced payroll. It's wide open outside of the AL East champion which will be the Yankees by like a dozen games.

18 hours ago, DMN said:

You talk SO much shit for a dude with like four teams in every sport.

Lets see...

MLB - Reds, Red Sox, and whoever's playing the Yankees

NFL - Cowboys. Somewhat care about the Titans, but am not a major fan or anything.

CFL (rarely watch) - Toronto Argonauts

NBA - Lakers

College sports (football, men's and women's basketball) - Tennessee Volunteers

NHL, MLS - Do not give a fuck about either

Yeah, that's four teams in every sport, alright.

I just like taking the piss out of the Mets, because that team isn't going to do anything until they have new ownership. I actually feel sorry for their fans. Same situation with the Knicks.

Seriously? I hadn't heard anything about that. The only sports ownership news I've heard as of late is NFL: That Jeff Bezos may want to buy the Seattle Seahawks, and someone else is inquiring about buying the Detroit Lions.

Edited by GhostMachine

Yeah their new owner will be the richest individual owner in baseball. Because it's the Wilpon's who are selling the team it won't be easy or anything, as there's a 5 year phase in where each year he'll own a larger percentage of the team.

Bezos buying an NFL team has been thrown around a lot. Seattle right now seems the "favorite" because of Paul Allen dying. I assume Marth Vader will keep the Lions in the Ford family forever no matter how many people want to try and buy the team.

Well,  hopefull the new owner will actually be competent. With the Wilpons, I think its a combination of being incompetent, not caring if the team wins as long as it makes money (just like the Cleveland Browns' last few owners), and just plain bad luck (the injuries). Unless its a team I hate (or one with an owner I hate), I do not like to see teams do badly in sports. It makes the various sports better when there are more competitive teams.