MLB 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Meacon Keaton

Pretty floored about the Astros. The past two years of baseball feels tainted.  I have to wonder how much it influenced their playoff success, which is pretty frustrating as a Yankees fan.

Edited by Ct1021

I get the sense that the Mets don't want to fire him because MLB isn't suspending him.  But the media and the talking heads on TV are largely calling on the Mets to fire him anyway.

If it happens, it's a new level of LOL METS.  Cheap out on Girardi who was the fans' clear #1 choice and who WANTED to manage the team only to see him go to a division rival.  Save some face with the Beltran hire only to possibly have to fire him before he ever manages a game.

I don't even know what they'd do at this point.  Hensley Meulens is their new bench coach but he was never interviewed for the managerial job.  Eduardo Perez was the runner up but who knows if he'd take the job now especially with a coaching staff in place.  Honestly their best bet might just be to ask Terry Collins if he'd be willing to interim for a year.

8 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

I get the sense that the Mets don't want to fire him because MLB isn't suspending him.  But the media and the talking heads on TV are largely calling on the Mets to fire him anyway.

If it happens, it's a new level of LOL METS.  Cheap out on Girardi who was the fans' clear #1 choice and who WANTED to manage the team only to see him go to a division rival.  Save some face with the Beltran hire only to possibly have to fire him before he ever manages a game.

I don't even know what they'd do at this point.  Hensley Meulens is their new bench coach but he was never interviewed for the managerial job.  Eduardo Perez was the runner up but who knows if he'd take the job now especially with a coaching staff in place.  Honestly their best bet might just be to ask Terry Collins if he'd be willing to interim for a year.

oh man I have a Hensley Meulens rookie card somewhere hahaha

Time to find a new user name.  This franchise is a fucking joke.

MLB gave all the players immunity.  The players still respected Beltran.  The Mets fans didn’t care.

But the media got their torches and pitchforks out and that was that.  They were not going to drop this story unless and until they fired him.

• Like 1