MLB 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Meacon Keaton

The minor leagues will have a new rule this year in which pitchers have to fully disengage the rubber in order to attempt a pickoff.  This essentially kills the lefty pickoff move and makes it easier for players to take bigger leads. Fast players will basically be guaranteed to see their steals increase exponentially.

Literally every rule Manfred has passed is designed to help the offense.  This league is going to be unwatchable within five years.

5 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

The minor leagues will have a new rule this year in which pitchers have to fully disengage the rubber in order to attempt a pickoff.  This essentially kills the lefty pickoff move and makes it easier for players to take bigger leads. Fast players will basically be guaranteed to see their steals increase exponentially.

Literally every rule Manfred has passed is designed to help the offense.  This league is going to be unwatchable within five years.

Unless you want every game to end 15-11

I have absolutely been one of those baseball fans who wants every game over in a little over 2 hours and so I kind of encouraged rules like the pitch clock in an attempt to speed up games. But the literal one thing that won't speed up games is adding a ton of offense to them. And that's where Manfred is putting all his chips. The novelty of 12-10 games will wear off real fast and all the strategy will be substituted for a bunch of guys just swinging for the fences.

On 26/02/2020 at 20:18, B-li Manning said:

Astros batters have already been hit seven times in three spring games.  Pitchers have been waiting for later in the count to do it, and they’re all aiming for the back or butt which won’t do anything but be sore.

This is all on Manfred.  The players should not have been granted immunity.

Don't you know that any time an Astro is hit by a pitch, an angel gets its wings? 

This is the kind of stuff that MLB should be changing to alter the game. Give me microphones on the more personable players every friggin' game please.

And in case you weren't already aware of just how awesome A-to-the-Rizzo is:

Tell me that this kind of stuff wouldn't make games a million times more entertaining. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Must be for that “flu” that they said he had that would keep him out of opening day that’s still several weeks away...

This is the kind of lackadaisical attitude that is going to help spread the coronavirus sir.  You’re going to doom us all

13 minutes ago, Maxx said:

This is the kind of lackadaisical attitude that is going to help spread the coronavirus sir.  You’re going to doom us all

If I catch it, I’m gonna give you kisses and take you out with me.

1 minute ago, B-li Manning said:

The Yankees have already ruled out Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton for Opening Day.

And it’s Groundhog Day.

7 hours ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

Uh-oh. Chris Sale headed to see Dr. Andrews for an elbow MRI.

Should of happened six months ago

Sale was great in 2018, but we're gonna be paying for 2018 for a while.

Edited by Lowerdeck

1 hour ago, B-li Manning said:

White Sox give Yoan Moncada a five-year, $70 million contract with a sixth year team option worth $20 million.  Buys out all of his arbitration years as well as his first and possibly second year of free agency.

What a fucking steal for the White Sox. I think I had to pay him more in The Show!

• Like 1

The ChiSox have been cleaning up on affordable long-term deals for their entire core. They have a lot of money they can in turn spend in free agency and can also, if necessary, take on a big contract at the deadline from a seller.

Great moves by the organization. I wish the players were getting more total but tearing up the arbitration years for a full contract is usually a win as it means more money earlier in their career.

• Like 2