MLB 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Meacon Keaton

1 minute ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

I’d kind of like to see the Expos story from expansion to even now to see how the city of Montreal is without them. Touch on the strike season that ended their bid for a World Series.

The Expos have such an interesting story and a ton of great personalities, and the strike ruining them is such a dramatic climax. It also ruined the Blue Jays who were defending champs and had just gotten really hot before the season ended. 

• Like 1

They are doing rebroadcasts of the KBO games between 2:000pm and 3:00pm the following afternoon it looks like

and here’s a picture of Lions mascot holding a child hostage 

F7C3DB7A-14DE-475A-B8CA-3016BD6B8A2F.jpeg

The thing with the KBO is that South Korea has the ability to test every player, coach, and umpire daily and with immediate results.  Anybody positive is quickly quarantined and with their test results they can identify if it had already spread.

If MLB or any other sport truly wanted to get up and running I think they'd need to do the same thing...but the US is nowhere near this.  Even if MLB had access to this, the rest of the country wouldn't, and testing 800 ballplayers every day would be an outrage.

So if they do press on I'd expect testing to be a lot less frequent and I don't see how they're going to avoid shutting everything down WHEN, not if, someone eventually tests positive.

16 hours ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

I’d kind of like to see the Expos story from expansion to even now to see how the city of Montreal is without them. Touch on the strike season that ended their bid for a World Series.

Sucks that he's a piece of shit but Jonah Keri's book on the Expos was a good read. But so much of it relies on his fandom of the team that it'd be a weird read now.

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Are their games really short in South Korea? I woke up at like 3:30 expecting to catch maybe a couple innings but was greeted by Sportscenter 

They allow for ties, which caps games at 12 innings, so they won’t run forever.  But last night’s game started at like 12:30 central time, and my beloved Lions got in very little offense so it was over around 3.

I started dozing in and out around 2:00, but it was nice to wake up, look over and see baseball and hear Ravech on the call.  Much comfort!

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

They allow for ties, which caps games at 12 innings, so they won’t run forever.  But last night’s game started at like 12:30 central time, and my beloved Lions got in very little offense so it was over around 3.

Let’s go Di-No’s! *clap clap clapclapclap*

• Thanks 1