MLB 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Meacon Keaton

11 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Rangers have some new uniforms. One set is powder blue, so they look like the Texas Royals.

It’s a throw back to one of their early looks, besides the hat.

1 hour ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

The Steinbrenners have apparently given Cashman a blank check to do whatever it takes to get Cole.  If he isn't a Yankee next season, it won't be because they got outbid.

I said this a few weeks ago but they're only going to outbid themselves. Boras knows this so he'll rope them along a little, but end of the day he's going to be a Yankee it's just a matter as to for how much and how long.

And frankly if I'm the Yanks, term and cost doesn't matter at all to me. 2-3 years of a wide open window left for them so they should just be reckless in their spending to win within it.

10 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

I said this a few weeks ago but they're only going to outbid themselves. Boras knows this so he'll rope them along a little, but end of the day he's going to be a Yankee it's just a matter as to for how much and how long

While Cashman was given a blank check, he also still has what he values a player at and won't budge too far past that mark. So Boras will eventually bid himself out of a contract if it gets too ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, CinMCDy Lou Who said:

Rays trade Tommy Pham to the Padres for Hunter Renfroe and a prospect. Blake Snell was live streaming at the time.

It's always great to remember that these pro athletes are also just regular people.

Though I can't place that accent for the life of me. I think he's from the northwest, but it sounds some place southern like Jaw'juh. 

2 minutes ago, Meacon say “Feliz Navidad” said:

It's always great to remember that these pro athletes are also just regular people.

Though I can't place that accent for the life of me. I think he's from the northwest, but it sounds some place southern like Jaw'juh. 

He is from the northwest. Kind of sounds like he has something in his mouth. 

Nevermind: He definitely sounds southern. 

1 hour ago, Meacon say “Feliz Navidad” said:

But from my experience, it's usually more of the surfer dude bro accent than the "Golly Gee Willickers, misters, you sure did give us a skeer!"

It's surfer dude bro with a dash of oddly uncharismatic.

Or in the case of Mike Trout, pure, total South Jersey.