9. Making It
10. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
11. His Dark Materials
12. GLOW
13. Batwoman
14. Veronica Mars
15. Rick and Morty

I feel like I'm forgetting some shows but I wanted to get a list out

I don't care if I'm the only one who does it. Best New Character....BABY YODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Watchmen
  2. Succession
  3. Barry
  4. Killing Eve
  5. Fleabag
  6. Pose
  7. RuPaul's Drag Race
  8. Russian Doll
  9. The Crown
  10. What We Do In The Shadows
  11. GLOW
  12. I Think You Should Leave
  13. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  14. The Good Place
  15. The Mandalorian

Holy shit there was so much good tv this year. I couldn't fit It's Always Sunny, Euphoria, Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, Chernobyl, The Boys or Mindhunter on my list.

1. The Flash - Cicada was bad, but Nora was adorable. I'm always going to fanboy on Flash.

2. Supernatural - This is the second last list I can vote for it.

3. Last Week Tonight
4. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
5. Arrow
6. Lucifer
7. Stumptown
8. Elementary
9. Veronica Mars
10. GLOW
11. Supergirl 
12. Legends of Tomorrow
13. The Punisher
14. Watchmen
15. Russian Doll

• 2 weeks later...

1. Stranger Things 3
2. GLOW
3. Luther
4. Game of Thrones
5. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
6. The Good Place
7. Rick & Morty
8. Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes
9. Mindhunter
10. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

I'm disappointed in myself this year, as I simply haven't gotten round to watching enough of what I want to. Mindhunter would likely be higher if I had watched the whole new series but I haven't, ditto Sabrina. There's others that I didn't quite finish. Shows like Suits, Supernatural and Archer which have had new episodes that I just haven't gotten round to. So this should be a much fuller list, but nevermind. These 10 shows stand out for me this year at least.

Stranger Things took it to a new level this year. The first season probably shades it for pure horror and suspense building, but ST3 outdid the second season and was the perfect colourful, action-packed 80s sequel that it needed to be, and had a great ending. Loved it from start to finish and the most binge-able show I saw this year. GLOW had another good season, I thought it had some flaws but it wasn't any less engaging than the previous seasons and the acting was phenomenal, as were some of the sets. Luther as well, think it aired the very first week of 2019 but it was terrific - a certain reveal had me literally jumping out of my seat.

Game of Thrones, I stand by it. People slate this last season, and a lot of "Best of 2019" lists have left it off. But I believe that A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms and The Long Night merit its inclusion because they were among the best episodes the show has ever done, and that includes some of the very best TV of this decade...possibly ever.

B99 shades Good Place as the best comedy of the year. The move to NBC has not hampered the quality or heart of the show, they kept the laughs coming and the plots fun and fresh. Rick & Morty as well, it hasn't been as good as the very high bar set in previous seasons so far but it is still very clever and eminently watchable.

Ted Bundy Tapes...I like to include a documentary each year if I can, I watch an absolute boatload of them, particularly the true crime ones, and this was a mesmerising watch. Loved the tone, loved the style, the key personalities who told the whole horrid story of Bundy and his unbelievable spree, capture, escape, trial and death. No real surprise that Joe Berlinger pulled out the best true crime doc of the year.

Mindhunter, I absolutely adore it but I've not even watched half the second series yet so I can't justify putting it higher. Ditto Sabrina, which for some reason I fell off of after a couple of episodes. That was in my top 3 last year and I suspect will be again next year if the new episodes in January keep the momentum going.

Ooh, and finally. Best New Character! I'd like to give a shout-out to Maya Hawke's Robin in Stranger Things. She added a new dimension to the ensemble and played perfectly with Joe Keery's Steve, whom I love. Her entire contribution to the series is top drawer and the highlight is that bathroom scene where she comes out to Steve. Emotional stuff in the midst of a show that leaned much more heavily on action, comedy and drama this year.

1. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: I'm sad I had not seen it before the last few weeks. It is by far my favourite comedy on television; beautifully written and acted. The design of the show, costumes, props... everything just comes together. And from a technical point of view, those shots and long takes are beautiful.
2. GLOW: Again, another wonderful series. I look forward to Season 4 and it's a shame it is being cancelled afterwards, as there's so much more to tell. And again, a period piece that is beautifully designed and put together. 
3. The Good Place: Hilarious, great cast of characters and the comedy is top notch; the most creative use of comedy on network television in my opinion. 
4.  American Horror Story: 1984: It will always be a top draw for myself; can't lie. I love the concept of the 1980s slasher thing, and it was executed well in my opinion. I hate to say it, but the show lacked with the exclusions of Sarah Paulson (who as much as I loathe on the show, I've come to realize she is indeed a glue within the cast), and Evan Peters (who is always top notch on the show). It needed a better lead character because Leslie Grossman is not a strong enough player dramatically to hold it together. But, it left me entertained and I really enjoyed it. 
5. Schitt's Creek: Best comedy coming out of Canada easily. I'm gutted that it is ending, and am equally gutted I never got the chance to work it! But alas, it is a great series with a lot more depth than would be expected of a sitcom, and is doing a great job normalizing pansexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and whatnot. Honestly, it's set in a small rural town and nobody cares or second guesses anything. Beautiful.
6. Working Moms: Another really great series I was implored to check out at the recommendation of one of the cast members. She was right, I am quite enjoying what they're doing. Much like Schitt's Creek, this show does a lot to normalize the trials of motherhood and 
7. Dead To Me: This was a surprisingly great show. I checked it out on a lazy weekend and watched the entire series. The characters are top notch, and complicated and it's a refreshing change from what you'd see from regular two dimensional female characters. A really underrated series that should have received more recognition in my opinion. 
8. The Crown: Not my favourite season of the three, far from it. Claire Foy was missed, I can't lie. But, that's not to say Olivia Coleman didn't do a great job. I look forward to more... it just feels like a first season of a show where the cast it trying to find their footing. 
9. Good Girls: Another one I checked out on a whim... Hilarious and really well done. I had a hard time buying Mae Whitman and Christina Hendricks as sisters, as I felt Mae was much too young for the role. Another show that is breaking barriers with the trans / non-binary kid thing, and again... zero problems from the other cast members. Total acceptance. It's great that it showed the struggle the character was having with coming to terms and opening up about it though, despite parents and family that are fully open. Well done. PROGRESS.
10. Orange Is The New Black: A strong finish to the series, and a big bounce back from the slum they were in around the middle of the run. I like how they wrapped it all up; it's an ending but it's clear the characters and the cycle goes on. It's tragic at the same time as being closure. 
11. The Handmaid's Tale: Great series. Should be higher but I haven't finished it all. But will always be fantastic. Another one I'd love the chance to work on, as everything I hear from some cast members and crew is that it's a really well run show. And I think that shows in the final product. It's another show I got into really late (only earlier this year at the behest of some cast) but I'm glad I finally gave it a go. Elizabeth Moss is a beast. She'll be remembered as one of the finest television actors of her generation. 
12. Jane The Virgin: Cute show. It's a fun one I've enjoyed since early on. I love the bilingualism in the show, it's incredibly clever to use it they way they use it and the end of the show was exactly as it should be. 
13. The View: I have to put this on the list. I watch every day, or tape it and catch up on the weekends or when I'm off. The panel they currently have finally have a decent rapport (Megan McCain can bite it though... And Abby Huntsman is no substitute for Sara Haines... Jedidiah Bila should have never been let go and I'd love to have more of Ana Navarro). Regardless... The show is called the most important political show on TV for a reason, and ever since Barbara Walters retired I find the show and topics are much more relevant to what's going on in the world and much less fluff. It's far from unbiased news, but what is these days... this breaks it down easily for every day people who can then look up more about what's happening (I'd love for them to touch base on things more than just US political news because there's so much going on world wide but I digress).
14. The Good Fight: Honestly, this is the best recent example of a spin off series gone extremely well. The lead character is familiar, and well fleshed out... but the content seems fresh. It feels like a completely new show, and the content level being a bit more adult than Network TV ever allowed The Good Wife to be does nothing but help this series. 
15. Letterkenny: I can't not put a vote for it. I don't watch it religiously... Not the most ground breaking, but it is creative and relatable across the States for a small Canadian show... that says a lot too. 

Best New Character: Baby Yoda... if for the memes alone. Couldn't fit Mandalorian on the list, but Baby Yoda is easily the top new character I could think of. 

Edited by arwrestling

So...this was tough. Honestly the entire first half of my list could make the case for number one. 

1. Mr. Robot
2. Watchmen
3. Succession
4. Euphoria
5. Stranger Things
6. Umbrella Academy
7. The Boys
8. Barry
9. Warrior
10. The Witcher
11. BoJack Horseman
12. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
13. The Good Place
14. Legends of Tomorrow
15. Game of Thrones

Honorable Mentions: Good Omens, I Think You Should Leave, Russian Doll, True Detective

Best New Character: Robin (Stranger Things)

Edited by livid

1. The Good Place

2. Taskmaster

3. Money Heist

4. Stranger Things

5. The Witcher

6. Brooklyn Nine Nine

7. Sex Education

8. Orange Is The New Black

9. You

10. Russian Doll

11. BoJack Horseman

12. Umbrella Academy 

13. Rick and Morty

14. Luther

15. Game of Thrones

May move a few placing around.

Theres so much that I just havent gotten around to watching, including stuff that I've loved in the past but just haven't watched for whatever reason.  So...

1) Barry

2) Bojack Horseman 

3) Arrested Development

4) Last Week Tonight

5) The Other Two

6) What We Do In Shadows 

7) The Deuce

8 ) Russian Doll

Best New Character: The little girl from that one episode of Barry

• Like 1

1. The Boys
  2. Good Omens
  3. Mindhunter
  4. Chernobyl
  5. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
  6. A Series of Unfortunate Events
  7. GLOW
  8. Good Place
  9. Santa Clarita Diet
  10. Stranger Things
  11. Russian Doll
  12. Silicon Valley
  13. The Witcher
  14. The Orville
  15. Umbrella Academy

Special mentions because they have/would have been on my lists previous years and are ending: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Veep, Game of Thrones, iZombie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Steven Universe

Special mentions because they were good, just not good enough: Brookyln Nine-Nine, Final Space, BoJack Horseman, Disenchantment, Star Trek: Discovery

Special mentions because they'd probably make it on but I haven't watched them yet: The Mandalorian (Season 1), Mr Robot (Season 3 & 4), Watchmen (Season 1)