Formula One 2020

Lineker

Seeing Rokit plastered all over the Williams is a reminder of how lucky Williams were that Haas came in behind their backs to steal the Rich Energy "sponsorship". I don't know if we'd be seeing Williams on the grid this year if they had been the ones involved in that mess.

The big news coming out of the first half hour of testing is that Alpha Tauri have taken over the white team colour icon on the official F1 graphics, with Williams moving to a medium blue.

If anything else as massive as that occurs I'll let you know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

The big news coming out of the first half hour of testing is that Alpha Tauri have taken over the white team colour icon on the official F1 graphics, with Williams moving to a medium blue.

If anything else as massive as that occurs I'll let you know.

tenor.gif

Mercedes have introduced some kind of movable steering rack that allows them to adjust the toe (angle the tyres point inwards or outwards) of the front wheels, so they can have outward toe in the corners that helps with cornering and neutral toe on the straights, which lowers tyre temperature, degradation and aerodynamic resistance. The other teams are almost certainly going to protest it as 'active suspension', but there's an argument that it's the steering system, not the suspension, and that there is nothing in the rules that says you can't move the steering rack manually.

If it gets through, the other teams will have to copy it to compete and I can't wait for someone to deploy it and pull their own front wheels off.

I'm looking at you, Grosjean.

It's actually a ridiculously smart plan from Mercedes. They told the FIA about it weeks ago, allowing the FIA to ban it for 2021 almost immediately, therefore making it a waste of time/money for the other teams to try and copy it for 2020.

Unfortunately it may mean the 2020 season is even more of a foregone conclusion than it already was.