Ollie beats the shit out of his backlog

probablyoliver

I see Medievil on the list. That should be completed. Great game, despite the janky camera! 

Of all the AC titles on that list, I found Syndicate to be the easiest to get into/enjoy. Obviously they're all quite similar, but prancing around Victorian London just clicked for me for whatever reason.

That, and when you get the grapple gun gimmick, scaling buildings is SO much less of a pain. Makes you feel like Batman. :shifty: 

Also, yes, Persona 5 takes an age like any JRPG, but I do adore it so.

With Assassin's Creed, I'm playing them chronologically, I loved 1, 2 and Brotherhood on the 360, but never finished Revelations, so never got round to III or any of the others. Started Black Flag when I first got the PS4 and loved it but then something else came up and it got left again. Revelations is actually pretty high up the list as to what I'm planning on playing next, because those games are like crack to me.

I've played the first hour or so of Persona 5, loved the vibe of it but just wasn't in a JRPG mood at the time. It's definitely going to get played, but like many of the games on the list, it's such a massive committment that it sort of puts me off. As soon as I get over that hump, I know I'll adore it.

As for Red Dead Redemption II, I've gone on record as saying I didn't/don't enjoy it. The characters and the story are enthralling and it looks absolutely stunning, I've just never had fun playing it. I've put a good 20 or so hours into it, and I'm midway through chapter 3 and I eagerly want to see it through to the end because the first one is one of my all time favourites, I just find it such a slog.

Bastion and Dead Cells have the benefit of being on the Switch, so they'll likely end up as in-between games when I'm playing over stuff. I love the style of both, and based on what I've seen/read, I know they're both right up my alley, so I'm looking forward to picking up sticks on both of them.

Last night I started Cuphead again, and it's still lovely. I got about 3 or 4 bosses into it when I first got it, and I adored it then but again, something else must've come up. It's a brilliant game and everyone should play it. I also started Titanfall 2, because I've heard the campaign is very, very good. I only got through the tutorial but it absolutely feels like the kinda FPS I like, fast paced and gung ho.

With the Assassins Creed games, if you liked Brotherhood I really think you'll love Revelations. I just finished it in clearing out my backlog and it's really fun. I just love that series. This inspires me to do the same... I have way too many games in the backlog myself. 

I got Jedi Fallen Order in my family secret santa. So my backlog now has that in it and I'm playing it first because oh boy am I a sucker for star wars.

Also it's got the traversal of Uncharted and the combat of Sekiro. So it's literally the most me game ever made.