The January Transfer Window - 2020

Lineker

On 13/12/2019 at 08:47, SeekBG said:

United needs Moussa Dembele, Eriksen, Sancho and Declan Rice to save the season! They can get them for around 200+250 mln. ;) This the time for quality names and last chance for Ole!

I can't see us getting all those players. Maybe at the end of the season but I don't see a massive overhaul like that happening in January. Plus these seem like common FM20 transfers if you're playing as United :shifty:

United have been heavily linked with Atletico's Saul Niguez and RB Salzburg's Erling Haaland. I honestly think we'll only make one, maybe two signings in January and if I had to pick between the two it would be Saul.

Edited by RazorsEdge

59 minutes ago, Colly said:

Sure Haaland wouldn't go to you after what Roy Keane did to his dad?

Which I typed as a joke but having checked just in case. Wow.

Funny I had the same thought before I knew it was his dad, but we've linked with him for some time now. He's meant to be a Leeds supporter, of course, and a few people have said he might hold out to see if they get promoted to the Premier League.

All my thinking Declan Rice is a massive cunt aside, why is he so seemingly highly rated?

Every time I've seen him play he seems fine. Decent defender and breaks up attacks sometimes. Everything else just seems average and he offers nothing with the ball at his feet.

I have no idea what he'd offer Man United.

25 minutes ago, TCO said:

All my thinking Declan Rice is a massive cunt aside, why is he so seemingly highly rated?

Every time I've seen him play he seems fine. Decent defender and breaks up attacks sometimes. Everything else just seems average and he offers nothing with the ball at his feet.

I have no idea what he'd offer Man United.

I have no idea. I think it's just a case of "Oh, he's young, English and starting in the Premier League so he must be good."

He was definitely one of West Ham's best players last season. He's only 20 which is really young in relative terms for top players, so top teams will have an eye on him for his potential. So I get it. He isn't a mind-blowing player but then he plays the least glamorous role in a modern football team too.

23 hours ago, Adam said:

He was definitely one of West Ham's best players last season. He's only 20 which is really young in relative terms for top players, so top teams will have an eye on him for his potential. So I get it. He isn't a mind-blowing player but then he plays the least glamorous role in a modern football team too.

I agree with your points, I just think that is silly that he will probably go for a minimum of £40M which is ridiculous money.

Latest I read on Haaland was that he had talks with Dortmund.

Is he likely to be a starter, bench player, or squad player? £7.25m seems like peanuts in today's market but I'm vaguely aware that he was arguably one of the best players at the team which have been dominating Austrian football for the last few years.

I would imagine he might get a run out in the FA Cup and against teams in the bottom half of the table, for this season at least.

Unless he can also play centre back :shifty:

2 hours ago, Naitch said:

Is he likely to be a starter, bench player, or squad player? £7.25m seems like peanuts in today's market but I'm vaguely aware that he was arguably one of the best players at the team which have been dominating Austrian football for the last few years.

Bench or squad player - he's a striker/winger, and rotates in and out at Salzburg as it is.