The January Transfer Window - 2020

Lineker

23 hours ago, TCO said:

Yep confused the two! The games were pretty much the same pattern where we conceded early and scored a bunch late on. That's the one where Parrott came on and scored twice!

I fear Parrott will leave under Jose. It's a tricky one, because he's so young at 17, but he really looked the part in pre season and I'd really like to see him get more minutes, especially with Kane out. I guess we'll learn a little more tomorrow with Jose's selection against Boro, but he came out and said yesterday he's too young to be considered a Kane replacement. Which is probably, and to an extent is definitely protecting him against over hype - but he hasn't signed a new long term contract and I know German teams are very interested. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I fear Parrott will leave under Jose. It's a tricky one, because he's so young at 17, but he really looked the part in pre season and I'd really like to see him get more minutes, especially with Kane out. I guess we'll learn a little more tomorrow with Jose's selection against Boro, but he came out and said yesterday he's too young to be considered a Kane replacement. Which is probably, and to an extent is definitely protecting him against over hype - but he hasn't signed a new long term contract and I know German teams are very interested. 

It's a catch 22 really. He'll need to play if he's going to be convinced to stay and Spurs won't play him much unless he signs a new deal.

He needs to play either way. He's probably in between U23s and senior level at 17 so he'll only stagnate playing against youngsters. Serious amount of hype/expectations on him from home already but he seems to be very confident in his own abilities. I'd rather see him at a German side than under Jose personally. Seeing what Sancho became after he left and got game time is what I want for Parrott rather than becoming Phil Foden who's all hype and barely kicked a ball for City.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Liverpool have made another signing - Joe Hardy from Brentford's B team. The former Man City youngster, who has scored 40 times in 80 Brentford B games, moves for an undisclosed fee.

Sounds like a signing for the U23s what with Brewster going out on loan and with Glatzel being injured

• Admin

West Ham have agreed a deal to sign Darren Randolph from Middlesbrough for £4m and the transfer is expected to proceed smoothly with the goalkeeper keen to rejoin the Hammers. Randolph spent two seasons at West Ham before moving to Middlesbrough for £5m in 2017 and is wanted as experienced cover for Lukasz Fabianski. He would not be immediately available, though, because he is around 10 days from being fit to return from a thigh injury.

I mean, out of Young, Jones, Rojo, Matic and Lingard, he's the one I'd keep, so this sounds typical United really.

With AWB and Williams coming into the team this season and Dalot/Shaw back fit (for now), his chances were always going to be limited going forward, but as a personality I'd take him over the others listed above.

22 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I mean, out of Young, Jones, Rojo, Matic and Lingard, he's the one I'd keep, so this sounds typical United really.

With AWB and Williams coming into the team this season and Dalot/Shaw back fit (for now), his chances were always going to be limited going forward, but as a personality I'd take him over the others listed above.

Rojo was spotted wearing a PSG top the other day :facepalm:. It sounds like Fenerbahce want him so at least that's him gone as well.

Pretty sure I read Ole saying Matic is there until the end of the season and if Rojo goes I don't see Jones leaving and I can't think of anyone who would actually want Jesse Lingard in their team. I think we will be stuck with Lingard until his contract is up because he won't want to take a pay cut to go elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

Inter look set to sign Ashley Young. God knows why.

Maybe it's to show that Italian football isn't racist? Until the inevitable racist chants target him, anyway.

I agree that Man Utd need to prioritise offloading Jones, Matic, and Lingard though. They're all the butt of jokes which shouldn't still be a thing.