The January Transfer Window - 2020

Lineker

8 minutes ago, SquareRootOfSi said:

Mario Gotze set to leave Dortmund at the end of the season on a free. Amazing that no one has even considered/attempted to go in for him on an early offer.

I think his injury proneness is the result of that. In saying that, I would take an injury prone Gotze over Jesse Lingard any day of the week.

• Admin

Crystal Palace have rejected an attempt by Bayern Munich to sign Wilfried Zaha on loan until the end of the season, with the Premier League club determined not to allow their prized asset to leave for less than £80m. The German champions held talks this week with the Ivory Coast forward’s new agent, Pini Zahavi, who is attempting to secure Zaha’s departure from Selhurst Park after proposed moves to Arsenal and Everton failed to materialise in the summer.

Zaha is so inconsistent as a player. If he manages to fall upwards and get a move to Bayern then fair play to his agent. 

In exciting transfer news Dundalk FC's Jamie McGrath has joined St Mirren!

He's from the same town as me and I am 99% sure I saw him coming out of Centra the other day in the same clothes he is wearing in his press photo for St Mirren :shifty:

• Admin

West Ham have agreed a deal in principle to sign Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandes on 18-month loan with no option or obligation to buy.

Arsenal winger Emile Smith Rowe looks set to join Huddersfield on loan later today.

Ashley Young has turned down the contract extension on offer from Manchester United, according to Sky in Italy  - and it looks increasingly likely he will leave Old Trafford this month.

Allan Rodrigues de Souza has joined Atletico Mineiro on a permanent transfer from Liverpool for a fee believed to be £3million. 

Manchester United have ruled out making a bid to bring Christian Eriksen to Old Trafford in this window. Reports have linked United with a £20 million offer for the Tottenham midfielder, who is out of contract at the end of the season, but as yet, no bid has been made. United held discussions with Spurs about a deal for Eriksen last summer but the player remained in North London. Meanwhile, sources are saying Eriksen sees his future away from the Premier League and is likely to be on his way to Inter Milan. The Italian club’s chief executive Giuseppe Marotta  confirmed earlier this week that they’re interested in the Danish international but said they’ve had no discussions with Spurs yet. According to Sky Italy, Inter are currently prioritising their pursuit of Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal.

Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has confirmed Bayern Munich has ruled out a move for Manchester City winger Leroy Sane in this transfer window.

Preston have signed forward Scott Sinclair from Celtic on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

• Admin

Patrick Cutrone is close to signing for Fiorentina only five months after joining Wolverhampton Wanderers from Milan for £16.2m. Fiorentina and Wolves have restarted negotiations to discuss a deal which would see the 22-year-old go on loan to Italy for 18 months, with an obligation to buy at the end of that time. The deal would be worth €18m (£15.3m), with €2m as a loan fee and the remaining €16m to be paid in the summer of 2021.

I know that Giroud is firmly 3rd-choice these days, but I just know the moment Chelsea decide "since we can't get who we want in January, we can just get by to the end of the season on two strikers, it'll be fiiiiiiine", the injuries will roll in.

Giroud and Young are both perfectly competent squad players still. Inter have two excellent in form strikers but need back up, and Young can play either wing back position. Those are great for Conte if he does them now; they're very much in a title challenge but lacking depth, as he moans about every time Inter don't win

• Admin

Bournemouth goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has completed his medical in Italy ahead of a loan move to AC Milan. The two clubs had previously agreed a deal. Begovic has 18 months remaining on his Bournemouth contract.

Leicester City have sold development squad striker Raul Uche for an undisclosed fee to Real Valladolid.

Polish striker Patryk Klimala has arrived at Parkhead to complete his move to Celtic. The 21-year-old is reportedly set to sign a four-and-a-half-year deal to join Neil Lennon’s side for a fee of £3.5million.

Tottenham's deal to sign Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandes is an 18 month loan with an option  to buy for €65m. It is thought Benfica agreed to this as Spurs were paying a bigger loan fee.

Nathanial Phillips has gone back on loan to Stuttgart. 

Spent his German winter break coming back to knock Everton out the cup :shifty: