The January Transfer Window - 2020

Lineker

54 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

The latest strikers to be linked with Manchester United are Odion Ighalo and Islam Slimani. Which is hilarious.

:facepalm: I mean technically both are in good form but... not they aren't playing PL level football.

Apparently Cavani has rejected us and is likely to go to Atletico either now or at the end of the season. 😢

I don't know what to say about this club anymore. I think it is time to burn it down and start from scratch. We need an entirely new scouting/transfer team. I don't mind not being the top team in the PL anymore, we've been up there for a long time and everyone eventually goes into a decline, it is the fact that we don't seem to be doing much about it.

23 minutes ago, Baddar said:

As much as I don't want Slimani or Ighalo, I didn't want Cavani either. He'd be on Sanchez level wages, has suffered with injuries in the last few seasons, and wouldn't be around for a very long time anyway. 

I didn't really want Cavani, either, but out of all the names mentioned his was the most interesting to me, mainly because of his goal to game ratio.

David Ornstein reported on his podcast that Manchester United made a late enquiry about signing Jean-Kevin Augustin before he joined Leeds. He said that they were very much interested but approached in a "disorganised fashion". 

That's right, Championship side Leeds United pipped the Premier League's Manchester United to the signing of a striker.

• Haha 1

Lo Celso on a permanent is great news, love him. 

Bergwijn looks imminent. 

We'll see if we manage to get Piatek over the loan too. 

Decent Jan business all in all. Did well to get a fee for Eriksen. Hope he smashes it an Inter, he was so good for us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Decent Jan business all in all. Did well to get a fee for Eriksen. Hope he smashes it an Inter, he was so good for us. 

Best for both parties really. He looks like someone whose head hasn't been in it at all this season, you manage to get a fee for someone who would have left on a free end of the season and the club can move on in terms of team selection, tactics etc. 

• Like 1

As much as United's transfer business (or lack of) has been shocking, I'm glad we didn't stump up cash to get Eriksen. Really good player, but definitely seems on the decline now and wouldn't really add an awful lot across a 3 or 4 year period I don't think.

😒 I am only really surprised that it took this long before this happened. Vincent Tan can fuck right off